The Master of Project Management (MPM) program at Abu Dhabi University is offered by the College of Engineering (CoE) in collaboration with Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA. The program accepted the first cohort of students in Spring 2013.
The program is designed to be in line with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI: www.pmi.org). This prepares the students to take the exam of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification offered by the PMI and makes the program more attractive to professionals and engineers who plan to become certified Project Managers.
The program curriculum consists of 10 courses (30 credit hours), 6 of which are core courses, 2 are program elective courses, and 2 are business courses. The students could also do a thesis in lieu of the 2 program elective courses.
Upon completion of the 6 core courses of the program, students will be offered two certificates from Abu Dhabi University, the first one is a Certificate in Project Management Fundamentals, and the second is a Certificate in Advanced Project Management.
The new program accepts students with a Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, computer science, or information technology.
Program Learning Outcomes
MPM Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management issues, roles and activities within organizations.
- Explain the core concepts, principles and techniques within project management with a focus on managing project resources, controlling project schedule, quality, and cost, managing project risks, and facilitating enterprise integration and innovation.
- Utilize business skills that are essential for effective project management including project scoping, contracting, procurement management, financial management, and progress communication to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building skills, and awareness of projects ethical and legal aspects and successfully integrate them into project execution.
- Identify and be familiar with the extensive bodies of knowledge and best practices that support project management.
- Exhibit critical thinking and essential skills to investigate problems and conduct research.