- Candidate of PhD in Education, Deakin University, Australia, 2014-current
- Master of Education in Management and Policy, HCT, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2014
- Master of Education, DEAKIN, Australia, 2014
- CELTA, University of Cambridge/British Council, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2012
- Master of English Language & Literature, Jordan University, Amman, Jordan 1999
Ms. Yara Azouqa is a Senior Instructor of English in Abu Dhabi University. Throughout her service with ADU, she served in a variety of positions ranging from TESOL instructor, Testing Coordinator, and most currently as Senior Instructor of English and Learning Community Coordinator in University College. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Education with a focus on Higher Education.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Teacher Education &Training
- Task-based Learning & Assessment
- Curriculum Design
- Learning Communities in Higher Education
- Teacher training
- Curriculum Development
- Emotional Literacy
- First Year Learning Experience
- Senior Instructor of English & Learning Community Coordinator at Abu Dhabi University (UAE) 2003-present
- Training Executive at National Human Resources (UAE)2001-2002
- Part-time TESOL Instructor at ESL Language Center (UAE)2000-2001
- Part-time English Lecturer at University of Jordan (Jordan)1998-1999
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Azouqa, Y. (2017). 24th International Conference on “Business, Economics, and Social Science & Humanities”- BESSH-2016. “Flipped Learning Or Flipped Teaching?” Dubai, UAE. (Jan. 6th, 2017). http://academicfora.com/
- Azouqa, Y., 7th ICEIM-2015, "Flipped Learning Revisited," IFRD, Malaysia. (May, 2015).
- Azouqa, Y., The First UAE General Education Conference: Reforms in General Education in Abu Dhabi, UAE, University College, ADU (March, 2015):
- "Appropriate Use of New Technologies in Educational Setting: lessons learned"
- "Unpacking Academic Integrity: bringing back the ethical mind in general education!
- Azouqa, Y. (2014). ICT and Education: A Reflection on Functional ICT Experience. In Lawrence Burke (Ed.), Learning in a Digitalized Age: Plugged in, turned on, totally engaged (pp. 310). John Catt Educational Ltd. http://www.johncatt.com
- Azouqa, Y. (Co-Presenter), Hashem, R. (Co-Presenter), IC21CE. "Level Five Leaders: Humility and Will," 21st Century Academic Forum, Dubai Knowledge Village. (Nov, 2014).
- Azouqa, Y., TESOL Arabia Sig: Independent Learners, "From Learning Communities to a Knowledge Society," Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi. (May, 2013).
- Azouqa, Y. (Trainer), "Certificate Program in Advanced Classroom Assessment Strategies" Lecture series, "Targeting Assessment Using Bloom's Revised Taxonomy", CFD, ADU, AD& AA. (Dec, 2010).
- Higher Colleges of Technology, Dubai, UAE, Co-presenter: “Teacher Researcher Authorship” Nov 2013
- Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE “From Learning Communities to a Knowledge Society”
TESOL Arabia Sig: Independent Learners
- Abu Dhabi University, “Overview of Learning Communities: a University College Initiative” Mar 2013
- Abu Dhabi University, “Targeting Assessment Using Bloom's Revised Taxonomy” Dec 2010
TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ICelebrate Teaching & Learning: Sharing the iPad Experience,
HCT/Khalifa City Women's College, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2012
- Adding Value/ HCT’s 9th Annual National Teacher Education Conference, Al-Ain, UAE 2012
- Achieving Excellence through Life Skills Education/18th TESOL Arabia, Dubai, UAE 2012
Membership of Abu Dhabi University Committees
- Member of UC Curriculum Development Committee Oct 2016- present
- Member of ADU Learning Outcomes Committee Oct 2016- present
- Member of UC Research Committee Oct 2013- Sept 2016
- Chair UC Peer Review Committee Oct 2014- Jan 2015
- Member of ADU-WASC Committee Oct 2012- 2013
- Member of ADU-Curriculum CommitteeOct 2010- June 2011