- PHD in Arabic Linguistics, University of Damascus, Syria 2008
- M.A. in Arabic Linguistics, University of Damascus, Syria 1990
- Graduate diploma in Arabic Linguistics, University of Damascus, Syria 1985
- B.A. in Arabic Linguistics, University of Damascus, Syria 1971
- Preparatory diploma for elementary education. The Ministry of Education, Syria 1966
Dr. Mohammed AL Zokani is an assistant professor of Arabic language and course coordinator. He holds PhD's degree in in Arabic Linguistics, 2008, M.A. in Arabic Linguistics, 1991 Graduate diploma in Arabic Linguistics,1985,B.A. in Arabic Linguistics, Syria 1971. All of these degrees are from University of Damascus, Syria Preparatory diploma for elementary education. The Ministry of Education, Syria are from University of Damascus. He was teaching staff members in UAE University, Faculty of Teachers from1990 till 2003. He joined Abu Dhabi University in 13 September 2003, as he has been teaching in his position since then.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Teacher Education.
- Author in the Arabic Linguistics.
- Curriculum design and development.
- Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2003 – Now
- Instructor and Coordinator, UAE, University 1990 – 2003
BOOKS AND RESEARCH
- Presented two research papers, has been discussed by the participants in the conference, and has been published in books issued by the conference. The title of the first paper was: Aesthetics of poetic image: excerpts and illuminations.The title of the second paper was: the future of the Arabic language and its investment.
- Submitted research paper to the Third Research Conference at the University of Abu Dhabi, and then discussed by the participants. The title of this paper was:” Does the creativity know stopped?” and has been published in the book was issued by the conference
- "In Arabic poetry: Reflections aesthetic and illuminations". The research paper was presented to the Conference of the International Council for the Arabic language. This conference Organized by the International Council for the Arabic language in cooperation with UNESCO and the Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States And the Association of Arab Universities and number of international bodies (during the period 7 - 10 – May - 2013) in Dubai .
- Analytical reading in two dictionaries: (2007)
- A.A dictionary Of Common Language Errors and Their Corrections.
- B. A dictionary Of Common mistakes in modern written Arabic. (28-5-2007).
- Views and opinions in some of decisions of the academy of the Arabic language in Cairo.
- For outstanding participation in the article in the evening Ramadan in Zayed the First School for secondary education. 2006 - 2007.
- A certificate of thanks and appreciation from the President of the Executive Office in Abu Dhabi University in 2003 – 2004.
- Presented a research paper titled, “From the Secrets of the Arabic Language,” in the UAEU Arabic Language Seminar in 2002.
- Presented a research paper titled, “Teaching Grammar in an Integrative Approach” in the Teaching Club at Zayed High School, Al Ain in 1997.
- Presented a research paper about “The Science of Connotation” in the Arabic program seminar in 1990.
MEMBERS OF ABU DHABI UNIVERSITY COMMITTEES
- Appeal Committee Member (ADU). Fall 2012 - Now
- Library committee Member (ADU). Fall 2012 - Now
- Promotion committee Member (ADU). Fall 2012
- Community Service Committee (UAEU) 2000-2002
- Outcomes Assessment Committee (UAEU) 1999-2001
- Curriculum Committee (UAEU) 1993
- Art Club Committee (UAEU).
- Testing Committee (UAEU).
- New Faculty Training Committee (UAEU). 1990