- Ph.D. in Architectural Design, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain 1999
- Validation of M.Sc in Architecture, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain 1992
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Architecture, Simon Bolivar University, Caracas, Venezuela 1984
Areas of Competence
- Architectural Design.
- Modern Built Heritage, Culture and City image
- Modern Architectural History and Theory
- Design Pedagogy
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2013 - Now
- Adjunct Faculty, American University of Sharjah, UAE. Spring 2013
- Master Program Director & Faculty, ELISAVA/Pompeu Fabra University 2010 - 2012
- Assistant Professor, IE University/USEK, Segovia, Spain. 2000 - 2009
- Research Assistant (Post Graduate), Felix Huarte Chair, University of Navarra, Spain 1998 - 2001
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Barcelona. 1989 - 1995
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Lopez Reus, E. (2013). "From Environmental Pre-existences to Global Context". In Ernesto Nathan Rogers 1909-1969. (pp. 317-328). Milan: Franco Agneli Publishers SRL., (Book Chapter)
- Lopez Reus, E. (2009). Ernesto Nathan Rogers: Continuity and Contemporaneity. Milan: Christian Marinotti, pp. 249. (Book)
- Lopez Reus, E. (2002). Ernesto Rogers and the Architecture of Continuity. Pamplona: Eunsa / CFH Collection, pp. 243. (Book)
- Lopez Reus, E. (2005). "Ernesto Rogers and the Architecture of Continuity" (pp. 71-81).. Rassegna di architettura e urbanistica, n 115/116. Rome: University of Rome "La Sapienza" (Book chapter)
- Jaime, M & Lopez Reus, E. (2013). "Learning in music and design as an example of reflexive and collaborative education". Global Summit on Education 2013. Emerging Trends for Sustainability in Global Education: Opportunities and Challenges. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Published in Proceedings)
- Lopez Reus, E. & Jaime, M. (2012). "Music, Design and Educational System". Educació i Xarxa EIX (Journal of the Association of Pedagogues of Catalonia), n 6, p. 25-29. Lopez Reus, E. (2010). "Theory in Action". Arquitectura Viva, n 127.
- Lopez Reus, E. (2010). "Housing as the image of the city". 11th International Docomomo Conference: Living in the Urban Modernity. Mexico: Docomomo. (Published in Proceedings)
- Lopez Reus, E. & Jaime, M. (2010). "The Reflexive Architecture Laboratory RAL". In Innovation in Higher Education. Vigo: University of Vigo.
- Lopez Reus, E. & Jaime, M. (2010). "The ECCC Sessions at the Reflexive Architecture Laboratory RAL". Conference on Benchmarking in Higher Education. Salamanca: The Pontifical University of Salamanca/ICE. (Published in Proceedings)
- Jaime, M & Lopez Reus, E. (2007). "Modern Echoes in the Architecture of Segovia". Anuario de la Universidad Internacional SEK, n 12. Chile: SEK International University, pp. 147-161.
- Jaime, M & Lopez Reus, E.. (2005). "Towards Welfare Space. Architecture in the Global World". Academic Contributions: XXII World Congress of Architecture UIA 2005. (Published in Proceedings)
- Lopez Reus, E. & Jaime, M. (2003). "Mature Modernity". Arquitectura COAM, n 334 (Journal of the Official Association of Architects of Madrid), pp. 89-97.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
Consultant for several architecture projects and design competitions in Spain such as:
- Pre-Selected Design Proposal for the Extension and Replaning of the Prado Museum, Madrid. Prado Museum International Design Competition, 1996 (with M. Jaime).
- Third Prize at Design Competition for a Sport Facility. City Council of Molins de Rei, Barcelona, 1993 (with M. Jaime).
- Design and supervision of construction of housing developments (Barcelona, 1992-2006).
- Design and supervision of construction of private residences at Correa-Mila Architects, (1990-92)
- Co-owner of Jaime/Lopez Reus Architects. Independent Professional Practice (Since 1993)
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- PRACTICA REFLEXIVA.PRO. Online platform for professional development of educators. Executive Board Member since 2011.
- Official Association of Architects of Madrid (CoAM), Spain 2006-2011
- Official Association of Architects of Catalonia (CoAC), Barcelona, Spain. 1993-2005.
- Official Association of Engineers of Venezuela (CIV). 1984-1989
- Official Association of Architects of Venezuela (CAV). 1984-1989