- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada2005
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA 1996
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, with Honors, Univ. of Engg. and Tech. Lahore, Pakistan 1990
Areas of Competence
- Two phase Heat Transfer
- Fouling of Heat Exchangers
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, ADU, UAE. 2015 - Now
- Professor/Head of Department, Mechanical Engineering, MAJU, Pakistan2011 - 2015
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology Pakistan. 2010 - 2011
- Dean Student Affairs GIK Institute of Engg Sciences and Technology Pakistan 2009 - 2011
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology Pakistan. 2005 - 2010
- Graduate Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Department, University of British Columbia Vancouver, Canada.2000 - 2005
- Laboratory Development Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Department, UBC, Vancouver, Canada, 2004 - 2005
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia 1996 - 2000
- Mechanical Engineer, National Engineering Services Pakistan Ltd., Pakistan 1991 - 1994
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Industrial Research Fellowships Award
- Supervised Ph.D. student in GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Pakistan.
- Authored or co-authored over 30 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings
- Developed heat transfer and pressure drop correlations for plate heat exchangers for publication in ASHRAE handbook
- Reviewer of Journal of Thermal Sciences and Engineering Applications, ASME Heat Transfer Division
- Member Board of Governors of ASHRAE, Northern Pakistan Chapter 2011 Graduate Assistantship, Mechanical Engineering Department, University of British Columbia
- Research Assistantship, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals Saudi Arabia
- Merit Scholarship, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
Funded Research and Grants
- ASHRAE Research Project (2006-2010): “Evaporation in Corrugated Flooded Plate Heat Exchangers with Ammonia and Ammonia/Miscible Oil” and Establishment of Natural Fluid Refrigeration Center (NFRC) in GIK Institute. Funding of about US$ 100,000.
- Three undergraduate capstone projects at ADU funding of more than AED 10,000
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Mechanical Engineer, National Engineering Services Pakistan Ltd. (NESPAK), Lahore, Pakistan Worked on 1200 MW thermal power generation projects 1991-1994.
- Carried out several final year undergraduate projects for the industry.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Member American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers
- Member, Canadian Society of Chemical Engineers
- Member, Society of Mechanical Engineers Pakistan
- Member, Pakistan HVACR Society
- Member, Pakistan Engineering Council (A signatory of Washington Accord for Accreditation of Engineering Programs)