- Doctorate (Ph.D) in Educational Psychology, University of Kerala, India2002
- M.A. in Applied Psychology, University of Kerala, India1998
- B.A in Psychology, University of Kerala, India1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism, Affiliated with Bombay University, India 1997
Dr. Sreethi Nair is the Dean of University College at Abu Dhabi University. She leads the General Education Program delivered by the Abu Dhabi University. Before joining Abu Dhabi University, Dr. Nair worked in India as the faculty of psychology in the Teacher’s Training College. She also worked as the Consultant Psychologist for various higher education institutions in Kerala, India.
Dr. Sreethi Nair received her bachelor’s, masters and PhD in Psychology from the University of Kerala, India. She is a graduate of the Management Development Program from Harvard University. She has done certified program in “Building Inner Strengths of a Leader” conducted by Harvard School of graduate studies, Harvard University.
Dr. Nair is known for her service to Abu Dhabi University. She believes that it is very essential to help students develop knowledge, skills and competency in various accepts of education to be able to adapt to various educational environments and as part of it she has enhanced the functions of the support units – Learning Support Center and Writing Center at Abu Dhabi University. The support units under her guidance have turned to be key units that help freshmen students to develop and advance in their academic performance. She has served in various committee and taskforces. She supports the work of the university on the international accreditation with WSCUC. She chairs the Faculty Development committee at Abu Dhabi University, which guides faculty development programs at the university.
Dr. Nair works towards the qualitative Teaching and Learning through General Education. She has worked with Faculty through workshops and training in area such as; blending learning in classrooms, effective use of e-textbooks, use of technology in reading and writing, use of rubrics in assessments and problem based learning approach.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Strategic Initiation
- Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum design and development
- Psycho-social behavioral accept in young adults.
- Academic Administration
- Interim Dean, University College, Abu Dhabi University – August 8, 2013 till August 31, 2014
- Director of Humanities & Social Science Program University College, Abu Dhabi University – Feb 2013 till date
- Acting Associate Dean, University College, Abu Dhabi University – Feb 2013 – August 2013
- General Psychology Course Coordinator – September, 2007 – September, 2013
- Lecturer N.V.K.S.D College of Education Tamilnadu India Sep 1999 – Feb 2000 & Aug 2002 – Dec 2005
- Student Psychologist, Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan, Kerala India Sep 2001 – May 2002
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Involved in research projects highlighting different psycho-social behavioral accept in young adults.
- Studied the procrastination behavior tendencies in teenage population of Abu Dhabi.
- Involved in research that helps in positive development of community.
- Mentored students in various research projects at the undergraduate level.
CHAIRPERSON AND MEMBERS OF ABU DHABI UNIVERSITY COMMITTEES
- Chair WASC Working Committee.2012- to date
- Chair Faculty Development Committee.2012- to date
- Member University College Learning Outcomes committee.2012- to date
- Member Undergraduate Council.2010- 2011