- Ph.D. in Concrete & Construction Materials, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada2008
- M.E.Sc. in GeoEnvironmental Engineering, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada2004
- B.Sc. in Civil Eng. (Geotechnical Div.), Damascus University, Damascus, Syria1992
Areas of Competence
- Rheology and workability of cement based materials under hot weather conditions.
- Behavior of highly flowable concrete in fresh and hardened states.
- Modeling the fresh behavior of cement-based materials.
- Reinforced and prestressed concrete.
- Associate Professor, ADU University, UAE.2013-Now
- Assistant Professor, ADU University, UAE.2010-2013
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada.2009-2010
- Teaching and Research Assistant, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada.2001-2008
- Research Assistant, Ancona University, Ancona, Italy.1998-2000
- Project Engineer, Ministry of Transportation, Damascus, Syria.1995-1998
- Design /Site Engineer, Community Damascus Housing Establishment, Damascus, Syria.1992-1995
Research & Scholarly activities
- Recipient of several research grants from ADU University.
- His research at ADU was supported by several industrial construction material companies in UAE through providing materials at no cost.
- Authored or co-authored over 25 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on geoenvironmental, concrete and construction materials.
- Reviewer for several international journals such as the American Concrete Institute Journal (ACI) and the American Society for Civil Engineering Journal (ASCE).
Consultancy & Industry Experience
Designed/Supervised several engineering projects in Syria, such as:
- A ten-unit multistory apartment building in Judaidah, Damascus.
- A three multistory building apartment complex in Drusha, Damascus.
- South entrance of Damascus highway.
- Ruhaiba culvert with 18m×16m, Ruhaiba, Damascus.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- (PEO) Professional Engineers of Ontario, Canada, Certified Professional Engineer since 2007.
- (SSE) Syrian Syndicate of Engineer since 1992.