- Ph.D. in Media Studies, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2006).
Dr. Muhamad Sham is an Associate Professor and the Department Chair in the Department of Communication Studies and Languages, College of Arts and Sciences, Abu Dhabi University. He obtained his PhD in Media Studies (Advertising) from University of Malaya, Malaysia in 2006. His research interest includes ICT, Media and Society, Advertising and Corporate Communication. As an academic and trainer he is experienced in teaching various media and communication management courses. He joined Abu Dhabi University in February, 2012.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- ICT, Media and Society.
- Corporate Communication
- Putra University, Malaysia (UPM).
- Malaysian Television System (TV3).
SELECTED INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Presenter. Int’l Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference in Barcelona, Spain, on 23-26 May 2016.
- Presenter. Int’l Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference in Toronto, Canada, on 17-20 May 2015.
- Presenter. Int’l Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference in Prague, Czech Republic, on 10-13 June 2014.
- Presenter. Int’l Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference in Vienna, Austria, on April 14-18 April 2013.
- Presenter. Harvard University, Massachusetts, USA, 30th May – 2nd June 2011.Organized by International Journal of Arts and Sciences.
- Presenter. International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, Madrid, Spain on November 17th, 2011.
- Presenter. International Conference on International Conference Future Imperatives of Communication and Information for Development and Social Change, Bangkok, Thailand on 20th -22nd December 2010.
- Presenter. 8th International Conference on Communication and Media, Athens, Greece on 17th May 2010.
- Presenter. Conference on Social Science and Humanity (ICSSH 2011), Singapore, on 26th February 2010.
- Presenter. 4th International Conference on the Art and Society, Venice, Italy on 28th July, 2009.
- Presenter. International Conference of Pacific and Asian Communication Association (PACA 2009), in Selangor, Malaysia on 10th January 2009.
SELECTED BOOK PUBLICATIONS
- Case Studies of Corporate Communication. OUM Press (2016) [Malay Edition]
- Reputation Risk Management. OUM Press (2015) [Malay Edition]
- Issues and Trend in Communication, Media and ICT.UPM Press (2012).
- Principles of Advertising. Pearson Publication & OUM Press (2010).
- Integrated Marketing Communication. OUM Press (2010).
SELECTED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- International Journal of Media, Journalism and Mass Communications (2016). The Effects of a Brand's Online Presence on Brand Awareness and Brand Loyalty: A Study of UAE Millennial.
- Journal of Teaching and Education (2016). Teaching and Technology: A Pilot Study.
- International Journal of Applied Linguistics and English Literature (2015). Communication Apprehension: A Comparison between English Majors and Non Majors in China.
- International Journal of Multidisciplinary Thought (2015). The Role of Mass Media in Disseminating Public Health Communication on Breast Cancer.
- Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Preview (2014). Uses and Gratifications from the Perspectives of the Malaysian Aborigines.
- Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (2013). Comparison of Crop, Fisheries and Livestock Information Displayed on Agriculture Websites.
- Asian Social Science Journal (2013). Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education. Problems in Using Agricultural Information from Television among Farmers in Malaysia.
- Journal of Social Sciences (2013). Satisfaction Received Towards Agricultural Information from Television Programs Among Farmers.
- Asian Social Science Journal (2013). Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education. The Credibility of Television in Disseminating Agricultural Information to Farmers in Malaysia.
- Issues and Trend in Communication (2012). The Involvement of Young Working Professionals in E-Commerce. Book Chapter. UPM Press.
- Issues and Trend in Communication (2012). Internet Safety Awareness Among Internet Users. Book Chapter. UPM Press.
- International Research Journal of Humanities (2012). Satisfaction towards agriculture information received from the television among farmers in Malaysia.
- Science Series Data Report (2012). Assessment of agriculture information displayed within the agriculture websites in Malaysia.
SUPERVISION OF PHD THESIS
- Rosmawati Mohamad Rasit. University of Putra Malaysia, Malaysia. (Completed in 2013).
- Toktam Namayandeh Joorabchi. University of Putra Malaysia, Malaysia. (Completed in 2013).
- Zoheir Sabaghpour Azarian. University of Putra Malaysia, Malaysia. (Completed in 2013).