- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, (Geotech.) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA 1997
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, (Geotech), Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan 1989
- B.Sc. with Honors in Civil Eng. (Struc. Div.), Yarmouk University, Jordan 1987
Areas of Competence
- Shear Strength of Non-persistent rock Joints.
- Soil Stabilization of Expansive Clay.
- Earth fill Dams.
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2009-Now
- Visiting Associate Professor, University of Sharjah, UAE 2007-2009
- Associate Professor, Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan (on leave) 2007-2013
- Assistant Dean of Engineering, Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan 2005-2007
- Assistant Professor, Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan 1997-2007
- Research Assistant, U of I at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA 1992-1997
- Teaching Assistant, Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan 1987-1989
Research & Scholarly activities
- Recipient of several research grants from Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan and Abu Dhabi University, UAE.
- Recipient of Medal of Scientific Distinguish from Yarmouk University, Jordan 1997 (ranked first on the cohort).
- Supervised 8 Master Degree students at Jordan Univ. of Science and Technology, Jordan.
- Authored or co-authored several technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on rocks fracture, soil stabilization and remedial of cracked RC structures due to expansive soil.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
Consultant for several engineering projects in the USA, such as:
- Geotechnical Study and Investigation of Structural Damage of Buildings in Central Illinois due to Mine Subsidence.
- Evaluate the Final Lining Conditions in the Los Angeles Metro, CA, USA.
- McNally Construction and Tunneling, Evanston, IL, USA
Geotechnical Investigations and Structural Redesign of Stressed Buildings due to Expansive Soils, Jordan.
Rocks Fracture Investigation of Durrat Al-Bahrain Project, Manama, Bahrain.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- International Society for Rock Mechanics, 1992.
- Southeast Asian Geotechnical Society, 2006.
- Jordan Engineers Association, 1987.