- PhD student in Brunel University, London
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA 1997
- B.Sc. with Honors in Electrical Engineering. (Communication and Electro-physics Div.),
Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt 1993
Hatem Deif has been with Abu Dhabi University for over 8 years where he taught Mathematics, Statistics, and IT. He also worked as a senior researcher for four years in the field of pattern recognition on mobile phones in Egypt. He also worked as a design engineer in medical research in the USA after getting his Master's degree from University of Louisville in 1997.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Teaching Mathematics and Statistics.
- Computer Programming and Instructional Technology.
- Research in Signal Processing.
- Math Instructor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2005 - Now
- Senior Researcher, Imaginet-Software, Egypt. 2001 - 2005
- Design Engineer, MicroMed-Inc., USA. 1997 - 1999
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Recipient of a research grant (2013) for the project: “A Computational Model for Auditory Scene Analysis”, College of Research and Graduate Studies (CRGS), Abu Dhabi University, UAE.
- Second Place Winner of The Chancellor’s Innovation Award 2012/2013 – “Online Student Orientation System”, Abu Dhabi University, UAE.
- Developed an application that performs online Arabic cursive handwriting recognition, Egypt.
- Researched and developed a mobile application for text extraction from complex color images, Egypt. (Patented).
- Designed and developed a medical referral system for ophthalmologists, USA.