- Ph.D. in Translation and Linguistics, Al-Mustansirya University, Iraq 2006
- M.A. in Translation 1998
- B.A. in Translation B.A. in Translation
An experienced assistant professor of translation and linguistics. Actively engaged in scholarly research in the field of traslation. Contributes to departmental or University-wide working groups and committees with an excellent record of academic teaching and service. Able to work under pressure and achieve goals successfully.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Teaching ESL (English as a second language) at the tertiary level (CELTA certified-2010)
- General Linguistics
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University (ADU), UAE 2010 - Now
- Assistant Professor, The University of Sharjah (UoS), UAE 2008 - 2010
- Assistant Professor, Ajman University of Science and Technology Network, UAE 2007 - 2008
- Lecturer, Al-Mustansiriya University, Iraq 2001 – 2006
- Translator, The Ministry of Culture and Information, Iraq 1998-2002
- Part-time instructor, Al-Mustansiriya University, Iraq 1997 - 2001
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Al-Hadithy, T. M., and Al-Numairi, A. The State of the Translation Industry in UAE. Proposal for Alternative Forms of Faculty Scholarship Grant. (ADU) 2013.
- Al-Hadithy, T. M. Proper Names in the Arabic Translation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. To appear in International Journal of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, 5(2).
- The Increase of Literal Translation: A Feature of Globalization. Published in the refereed journal IJAES Vol 11, 2010.
- Towards a Proper English Transliteration of Arabic Proper Names. Published in the refereed symposium proceedings 15-16 December 2009.
- Al-Hadithy, T. M. How Loaded Proper Names are Lost in the Arabic Translation of the Harry Potter Chronicals.2ed Regional Symposium on Language, Literature, and Translation.(Working paper)
- Al-Hadithy, T. M. Ready Steady Translate in UAE. Do Undergraduate Translation Programs Meet the Market Needs?.Abu Dhabi University 2ed Annual Research Conference. (Working paper)
CONSULTANCY & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Translation editor and consultant, The Ministry of Culture and Information, Iraq.
- Part-time editor and columnist, The Baghdad Observer Weekly Newspaper, Iraq.
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- The Association of Professors of English and Translation at Arab Universities (APETAU), Jordan, Member since 2008.