- 2003 : Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, University of Mumbai.
- 1986 : M.Phil. Organic Chemistry, Agra University.
- 1984 : M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, Agra University.
Dr. Jolly Jacob works as the Associate Professor of Chemistry and is in charge of all the Chemistry courses of the College of Arts and Science. She has received teaching award and service award from the college in the past years. Dr.Jolly won the Middle East Education leadership award for Best Professor in Chemistry. She has published various research papers in the field of Chemistry and Environment Management and is actively involved in collaborative research with NYUAD. Her recent collaborative research was published in Nature Communications, one of the three topmost journals in Science. Dr.Jolly is the reviewer and editorial Board member of several international academic journals. Dr.Jolly is an active member of American Chemical Society and a Fellow of International Congress of Chemistry and Environment.
Dr.Jolly started her career as a lecturer in Chemistry in University of Mumbai She has worked in various positions such as Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Associate professor of Chemistry and Head of the Department of Chemistry in University of Mumbai. She has a versatile experience of 24 years of University level teaching in the field of Organic Chemistry and Environmental Chemistry. She has graduated with a brilliant academic record securing the Gold medal for the M.Phil. Degree. She was awarded Ph.D. degree for her research work in the synthesis of Tetralones, antituberculostatic drug intermediates.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, Environmental chemistry and other interdisciplinary aspects of Environment Management, Problem based learning in Chemistry Education.
- 2010 Spring - present : Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE.
- 2006 - 2010 : Associate Professor, University of Mumbai.
- 2001 - 2006 : Assistant Professor/ Reader’s Grade, University of Mumbai.
- 1988 - 2001 : Lecturer, University of Mumbai.
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Refereed Journals (19).
- Other Journals (5).
- Books (1).
- Conference Proceedings (8).
- Jacob, J., Cherian, J. P. (2015). Sustainability Management for Reducing the Health Hazards in the Indoor Swimming Pools of UAE. AS Sciences, 11(15; 2015), 124-135.
- Naumov, P., Jacob, J., L, z., Haron, L. (2015). Photogated Humidity driven Motility. Nature Communications doi:10.1038/ncomms8429, 7498(6), doi:10.1038/ncomms8429. http://http://www.nature.com http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/150611/ncomms8429/full/ncomms8429.html
- Naumov, P., Jacob, J., Al Zabi, M., MK, P., wahba, B. (2014). Photomechanical and Photochromic behavior of a Molecule Containing Multiple Photoactive Groups. Croatica Chemica Acta, 87(4), 475-479.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Fellow of International Congress of Chemistry and Environment.
- American Chemical Society.
- Naumov Research Group, New York University, Abu Dhabi.