- Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland1998
- Electronics Engineer with Honors, Setif University, Algeria1992
Areas of Competence
- Low-power analogue and mixed-mode Integrated Circuits (Microelectronics).
- Energy harvesting and low-power wireless sensors systems.
- Low-power localization systems.
- RFID systems.
- Antenna design and optimization.
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2013 - Now
- Associate Professor, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland. 2012 - 2013
- Assistant Professor, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland. 2007 - 2011
- Senior Designer, ON Semiconductor Company, Switzerland. 2006 - 2007
- Technical Leader, EM Microelectronic-Marin, Swatch Group, Switzerland. 2000 – 2006
- Research and Teaching Associate, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland. 1998 – 2000
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland. 1993 – 1998
Research & Scholarly activities
- Recipient of several research grants from the Commission for Technology and Innovation, the Swiss U.S. National Science Foundation, and Engineering companies, Switzerland.
- Authored or co-authored over 30 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings, in addition to one book chapter.
- Hold 5 patents
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Eight years working with ON Semiconductor Company and SWATCH Group in Switzerland.
- Consultant for several Engineering Companies.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society Member
- Member of the Technical Committees (MTC): IEEE International Conference On RFID
- MTC: IEEE International Conference on RFID Technology and Applications
- MTC: IEEE International Workshop on Communications in Wireless Power Transfer
- MTC: IEEE Symposium on Wireless Telecommunications Applications
- MTC: IEEE International Conference on Electronics Design, Systems and Applications
- MTC: International Conference on Sensor Technology and Applications