- 1997 : Ph.D. in Physics. School of Physics, University of Bath, UK.
- 1987 : 1987 B.Sc. Physics. 1st class honour. Physics Department, College of Education, University of Baghdad, Iraq. Qualified Physics and Mathematics Teacher.
I am experienced lecturer of Physics and Mathematics with a Ph.D. in Physics, a B.Sc. in Physics (Educational Degree) and a Teachers’ Certificate in Education. I possess sound experience (more than 15 years) in teaching physics and mathematics at different levels and I have excellent ability to communicate effectively with students of different cultures. I have solid experience in designing and developing curricula of physics and mathematics at different levels and experience in designing and constructing physics laboratory for education, research and training purposes.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
Teaching university physics and research in the field of high pressure and low temperature.
- 2004 - Present : Assistant Professor of Physics & Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2002-2004 : Lecturer of Mathematics, Mathematics Program, University General Requirements Unit, United Arab Emirates University, UAE.
- 2003-2004 : Physics Labs supervisor, Faculty of Science, UAE University, UAE.
- 2000-2002 : Lecturer of Physics. Diploma Section, Technical Studies Institute. Abu Dhabi. UAE.
- 1999-2000 : Senior Lecturer of Physics. Hail Community College, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals. Hail, Saudi Arabia.
- 1998 : Teachers’ Certificate in Education (7307), City College Manchester.UK.
- 1998 : City and Guild Certificate in C-programming. Attended an Intensive Course Programming at CG Resources Limited. Manchester, UK.
- 1996 : Teaching Physics for A-level Students to Obtain a Certificate in Teaching Adults(Further and Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate), City of Bath College, UK.
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
My research interest is in the field of high pressure, as high as 50000bars, and low temperature, as low as 10K, fluorescence spectra of rare earth glasses and crystals and. The research involved using the technique of the Diamond Anvil Cell DAC which is widely used as a universal tool of very high pressure in many fields of science ( physics, chemistry, geology and astronomy).