- Ph.D. in Immunology and Parasitology, Cairo University, Egypt 2001
- M.Sc. in Protozoa & Invertebrates, Menofia University, Egypt 1994
- One year Pre-MSc. In Protozoa and Invertebrate, Menofia University, Egypt 1991
- B.Sc. with Excellence in Zoology (Biology Discipline), Menofia University, Egypt 1990
Dr. Gehan Abu ElEnain, born in 1968, had graduated with Excellence in Zoology, Faculty of Science, in 1990, assigned as a Researcher Assistant in 1991 at Theodor Bilharz Research Institute,Giza, Egypt where she was awarded Master Scholarship for two years. Next, Dr. Gehan had been promoted to Assistant Researcher and granted international 3-years Young Scientist Award sponsored by joint USA/MOH in 1995. During that period, she had accomplished her successful training on Molecular Biology and her PhD in San Francisco, at California University. Afterwards, she was awarded the PhD from Cairo University and promoted to Assistant Professor in 2001. Two years later, she moved to UAE and joined ADU in 2010 as adjunct faculty. At last, Dr. Gehan was assigned as "Coordinator and assistant Professor of Natural Sciences".
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Medical Parasitology and Medicine Continuing Education
- Endemic Diseases: Fascioliasis, Schistosomiasis and Malaria.
- Neglected Tropical Diseases: Cryptosporidiosis and hydatid .
- Immunopathology and host-parasite relationship.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University (ADU), UAE 2012-present
- Adjunct Faculty of Natural Sciences, ADU, UAE 2009-2012
- Assistant Professor, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Giza, Egypt 2001-present
- Assistant Reseacher, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Egypt 1994 - 2001
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Giza, Egypt 1991- 1994
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Co-authored 4 publications in international refereed journals listed in SCOUPS, One accepted research paper and one edited Natural Sciences book
- One Filed Provisional Patent, USA
- Recipient the 1st winner of the 4th Chancellor Innovation Award, ADU, UAE
- Advisor of Undergraduate student Research, ADU, UAE
- One of two advisors of two teams of students participating in the GCC Environmental Competition.
- Internal Supervision on 2 PhD and one MSc. students at Theodor Bilharz Research Institue.
- Recipient of 3-years Young Scientist grant from USA and Ministry of Health in Egypt.
- Recipient of PhD Scholarship from the High Education and Scientific Research Ministry, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Egypt
- Recipient of MSc Scholarship from the High Education and Scientific Research Ministry, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Egypt
- A referee in Diagnostic Pathology Organization, UK, Since June 2013.
- Moderator of the Infectious Diseases Group Online
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Emerging Infectious diseases since 1996
- Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) till 2015
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious diseases (ESCMID) till 2015
- Journal of the Egyptian Society of Parasitology (JESP) since 2012
- Nature Methods 2011-2013
- Medscape week in review 2005 – present
- New Scientists on line since 2009