- English Proficiency Tests - must be taken no more than two years prior to admission to Abu Dhabi University. Minimum English proficiency scores are set for each program and should be 79 for the Internet Based TOEFL or 550 for the paper-based TOEFL (taken by Abu Dhabi University only) or 6.0 for the Academic IELTS.
Language Requirement Exceptions:
- Students who are native speakers of English and have completed their undergraduate or postgraduate education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- Students who have graduated from institutions where the medium of the instruction is English, the TOEFL or IELTS requirement may be waived provided that the student supplies evidence that he/she obtained a TOEFL score of 500, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Applicant may be granted probationary admission if she/he meets the following conditions:
- English TOEFL score is between 530 and 549 (or its equivalent using the standardized tests approved by the Ministry).
- And a GPA between 2.5 and 2.99
In such a case, students may register for a maximum of 6 credit hours in addition to one intensive course offered by the English Language Institute (ELI) at Abu Dhabi University. A grade average of "B" in the credit courses taken must be obtained by the end of the first semester. A TOEFL of 550 or its equivalent must also be obtained by the end of the semester. Both conditions have to be met by the end of the first semester.
- Students who do not meet the above language requirement may be admitted conditionally.
- GPA 2.0 is accepted.
To Support our postgraduate students who do not meet the language requirement, the English Language Institution (ELI) at Abu Dhabi University offers an English Capstone Course. The course is designed to help students get the best possible score in the IELTS test.
For more information please contact: email@example.com