ADU offers two programs in “Master of Law”; Public and Private. The two years program offers an advanced level of knowledge and experience, and creates great opportunities to those who would like to pursue their legal studies, broaden their intellectual acquaintance, and enjoy a successful career.
Why Study Law?
Studying Master in Law help students gain fresh and advanced knowledge, gain confidence within your area of expertise. It strengthen student’s understanding of the role of law in the society, it raises student’s appreciation for politics, governmental institutions and leadership, and develops student’s critical thinking by raising important questions about changes and reforms. A law degree opens doors for students to work in law firms, to work as politicians, as society reformers, as researchers, as writers, or even as program or news presenters.
The law program mission is to keep up with events, legal developments, modern legislation, and the current legal disputes, which require a high degree of legal professional students who are able to cope with national and international requirements which is of concern to the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf States and the world. The program uses scientific and practical ways that enable the student to be ready for the job market and to supply the local and regional community in various areas of law.
- Develop students’ legal scientific understanding of diverse legal topics.
- Provide and promote the practical and professional aspect of the theoretical legal sciences to students.
- Improve the intellectual abilities and skills of students.
- Provide students with the essential skills to conduct scientific research adopting sound scientific methodologies.
- Instill the spirit of lifetime learning in students.
- Provide students with competitive skills in the job market to improve the efficiency of their institutional performance.
- Equip students with the ideal values that a lawman should adhere to and communicate through Arabic and Islamic values.