Why study the Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication?
Mass Communication Studies, as a rapidly growing field, demand well skilled and specialized practitioners and journalists in different areas of the profession. Media institutions, governmental bodies and all other profit and non-profit organizations are looking for well qualified communicators to contact their audience.
The BA in Mass Communication program is carefully planned to meet the current and future needs of students, organizations, and businesses in Abu Dhabi and elsewhere. It includes a variety of theoretical and practical courses in audio, video, and digital production that will equip students to meet the growing needs of the nation and region. Likewise, e-Journalism, e-PR, e-Advertising, web development, and online broadcasting are integrated into the three concentrations of the program.
The Mass Communication program is offered in the English Language; however media writing courses will be bilingual so that the graduates will meet the work places’ demands. It is offered at both Abu Dhabi University campuses (Abu Dhabi and Al Ain) and for both genders (female and male students).
Who is it designed for?
The BA Mass Communication Program is designed for students who thrive on making positive changes in media field and production. This program is ideal for students with an interest in various media work fields and news gathering, writing and editing both in print and broadcasting. It is designed for students who are interested in media and public opinion research. Whether you are interested in media research, communication policies, strategic communication, communication and diplomacy or working in writing for print media or shooting and editing Television news, there is a place for you in Mass Communication Program.
How long would it take me to complete the degree?
The BA in Mass Communication requires 120 credit hours for graduation (approximately 4 years), including a summer internship
What will I learn in the Program?
Graduates of the Mass Communication Program will acquire knowledge and skills that will help them to be professionally capable to:
- Identify and develop the best communications strategy, develop creative and original approaches to solving communications problems in various organizations’ activities.
- Develop leadership ability, marketability and productivity.
- Provide active inquiry and critical thinking about the information they receive and create.
- Create and design distinguished Television news programs and be professional in shooting, writing and editing news stories.
- Conduct media and public opinion research and write research reports effectively.
- Design creative Public Relations and Advertising campaign using the up-to-date multimedia techniques.
- Write for newspapers and magazines with effective usage of web designs and publications’ computer programs.
- Become an active agent in developing their countries.