Undergraduate Transfer Students
Students may only apply for credit transfer when they are admitted to Abu Dhabi University during the first semester of their enrollment. The transfer of credits may be accepted towards fulfilling the requirements for a university degree, provided they are deemed equivalent (relevant and at the appropriate level of study) to a specific course and program. The Dean of the appropriate College will decide what credits can be transferred towards the completion of an University program.
Those are the conditions in order to be accepted as a transferred student:
- The applicant should have successfully completed at least one full semester in an accredited National or International institutions of higher education with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- The maximum approved transfer credits must not exceed 50% of the total credits towards a bachelor’s program.
- Only courses taught in English language are transferable (except courses taught in the Arabic language at Abu Dhabi University).
- The following documents must be submitted to the Admission Office in English. If the original documents are in any other language, they must be translated and attested by the home Ministry of Higher Education, Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy
- Official Transcript
- Diploma Degree
- Course Syllabus
- Credit should not be counted twice towards. Therefore, credit cannot be transferred from a BA/BSc/BBA degree that the student has already achieved to the one he/she is planning to pursue.
- Transfer credits for students whose CGPA is less than 2 is possible if they are transferring to a major different from the one they are transferring from if their GPA in that course is C and above and if the learning outcomes are equivalent. This would apply to University College credit courses and any courses that might be taken as electives.
- Credits to be transferred towards a bachelor degree must be of grades of at least C or equivalent to C at Abu Dhabi University.
- The course credit hours to be transferred must be equal to or higher than the credit hours of Abu Dhabi University courses.
- Transfer credits may be given for equivalent Abu Dhabi University courses when, in the opinion of the appropriate Dean and Chair of
Department, the outcomes of the proposed transfer courses and the level of study are deemed equivalent to that of Abu Dhabi University’s course(s).
- Students may request for re-evaluation of credit transfer when the program they are transferring to was not offered at the time
of the admission