Code of Honor
It is important to Abu Dhabi University that its residents abide with a common bond of mutual understanding of expectations on the conduct of honor and related behaviors. The Code of Honor is a tool to use to communicate the expectations, and have confirmed understanding by signature of compliance to it (please see Code of honor policy, 2011).
Each member of the Abu Dhabi University Community is required to abide by the tenets of the Code of Honor. All faculty, staff and students are expected to sign a copy of the Code, which will then be placed in their individual files. Those who violate the Abu Dhabi University Code of Honor will be held accountable for their actions and will receive disciplinary action up to and including termination from employment or dismissal from Abu Dhabi University.
A standard form is to be used, written in either English or Arabic. The form that is attached to this policy is the standard English version.
CODE OF HONOR
On my honor as Abu Dhabi University student/faculty/staff, I pledge that I have a clear understanding and explicit acceptance of Abu Dhabi University’s Code of Honor.
I uphold the highest standards of honesty, truthfulness and integrity in my academic and/or administrative activities and will not, in any event, explicitly or implicitly dishonor or violate the Academic Integrity Policy, any Abu Dhabi University policy and the University standards. In this spirit, I agree to:
- Support and comply with all policies of Abu Dhabi University and help my colleagues to comply.
- Perform my tasks and activities in utmost good faith, objectivity, transparency, competence, due care, and professionalism.
- Abide by the highest standards of politeness and good conduct.
- Refrain from any act or omission that may, directly or indirectly, constitute a breach of academic and/or professional integrity.
- Deal with my colleagues in the spirit of professional friendship.
- Remain accountable and responsible for all my acts and omissions, and contributing to promoting a culture of trustworthiness in the society.
- Exercise my best endeavors to support and promote Abu Dhabi University in upholding its excellence and progression as a leading academic institution.
- Uphold the principles of non-discrimination, equality, truthfulness, fairness, and respect in any and all actions.
- Refrain from undertaking any act inconsistent with the noble and dignified nature of the University.
- Embrace the highest ethical standards and above-mentioned principles even in cases of disputes or grievances.