The mission of the English Language Institute (ELI) is to enable English language learners to communicate effectively within the context of their academic programs and their future professional lives. The English Learning Center (ELC) also serves the local community through the provision of general and work-related English language programs.
Your initial entry English level will be raised to a level that is adequate to help you function effectively and productively in an academic environment.
Upon completion of the English Language Institute (ELI) program, you will have attained effective study and language skills, which include:
- Responsibility for your own learning.
- Time management skills.
- Organization of study skills.
- Research and critical analysis skills.
- Awareness of available resources.
- Appropriate use of English in a range of academic and non-academic contexts.