Facilities and Services Once You Arrived
Abu Dhabi University recognizes that international students need and deserve extra support, and that's why we offer a range of services and facilities aimed at making students' stay happy and comfortable.
Abu Dhabi University believes that a student’s success is dependent upon his/her mergence from collegiate study as a whole human being. Thus, its counseling services are dedicated to delivering the best possible help and guidance to ensure the well-being of all students through the hiring of counselors who provide students with personal counseling. Abu Dhabi University Counseling Services ensure optimal educational experiences for students so that they may establish themselves as contributing individuals capable of responding to the challenging growth facing today’s global society.
Through the Student Affairs Office, Counseling Services provides assistance to all students, including:
- Educational counseling on matters such as study skills, time management and academic requirements.
- Information to help students in assessing life interests
- Group counseling, as well as workshops and seminars to help students develop goals and enhance skills
- Special care on a continuous and planned basis, in consideration of the needs of all students
Student Health Center
The University provides an on-campus Heath Center with a nurse on duty daily. The costs of these medical services are minimal and paid as separate fees from the course tuition fees.
Student Activities and Societies
The Student Activities Office is committed to providing the Abu Dhabi University community with a wide variety of cultural, educational and social programs. It is responsible for planning and organizing several major campus events throughout the year. Students and staff from Abu Dhabi University and the community assist in the planning of these events as they truly belong to the entire Abu Dhabi University community. The staff is dedicated to training the leaders of tomorrow.
While the concepts of leadership, service and involvement can be viewed independently, they are interwoven as students progress through their experience at Abu Dhabi University. The Student Activities Office provides opportunities for students to lead through service to others; impact the local community; lead organizations; develop personal skills; and build relationships that will last a lifetime.
Students at Abu Dhabi University are encouraged to join any student society on campus. They are also encouraged to establish their own societies for the purposes of fostering understanding, unity and cordial relationships amongst themselves.
Abu Dhabi University provides transportation to make the lives of its students easier. Students will be picked-up and dropped-off at designated areas around the campus and the city. Transportation will also be provided for field trips and other outside activities at additional costs to students
Abu Dhabi University’s library continually updates its resources in order to maintain its advanced offerings. The library staff dedicates themselves to guaranteeing that the students have all the modern sources for research, information and leisure reading.
Our collection 20,000 books, periodicals and databases are available in campus libraries located at both Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, and library study rooms are ideal for small groups and individualized study.
Services & Facilities
- Orientation and library instruction to new users.
- Circulation Services (Borrowing, Intra-library, Inter-library loan etc.)
- Online Public Access Catalog (for online search)
- Multimedia Room
- Discussion Rooms
- Reference Service
- Reserved Section / Textbooks
The Campus Eateries
The University has a cafeteria located within the University with well-known food outlets providing a wide range of enjoyable food options for dining on campus.
The University stocks the required textbooks and offers a wide selection of new and used books. A complete line of school supplies is also available.
Sports are an important aspect of student life. Abu Dhabi University recognizes this by providing various sports facilities. The Abu Dhabi Campus, upon completion will include separate outdoor sports and recreational facilities including a gymnasium, a football pitch, two tennis courts, two basketball and two volleyball courts.
At the Al Ain Campus, arrangements exist with nearby outside organizations to allow Abu Dhabi University students to use their facilities.
Computer Labs at Abu Dhabi University are well-equipped with the latest technological hardware and software that provides for word-processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, programming software, database packages, graphics software, language software and other packages for course-specific offerings. A high speed network connects all of the University’s computers with the Internet, electronic mail and remote login and file transfer facilities accessible to all educational institutions and other organizations throughout the world.
The high-tech facilities include:
- General purpose Computer Labs
- English Language and Interpretation Labs
- CISCO Lab
- Apple Multimedia Lab
- Classrooms equipped with a data show projectors
- Classrooms with SmartBorad and Video Conference facility for inter- and intra-campus lecture delivery
- E-Learning and online student services as well as SmartCard systems
- Digital Library Services
- Wireless Internet facilities in dormitories, libraries with future plans to expand it campus-wide.
- State-of-the-art Auditorium and Audio/Video facilities
- Information systems support to streamline administrative and academic functions.
- Delivering high speed network backbone, security and agile helpdesk support.
- Data protection, integration, and information collaboration across inter-university business channels.
- Each classroom is equipped with a data show projector
- Interactive Classrooms with SmartBoard and Video Conference facility for inter- and intra-campus instruction delivery
- Off-campus access to university email, course material, library services, student portal and e-learning services.
With a team dedicated to planning and achieving the university’s strategic goals and objectives, students can expect ICT services to support and aid their study.