Our key challenge is a commitment to establish and maintain a constant harmony between the Academia and the Information Technology.
The mission of the Office for Information Technology Department (ITD) at Abu Dhabi University is to provide students, faculty, and staff with access to outstanding information technology services. The Department strives to provide an environment in which students, faculty, and staff can use technology in instruction, research, and administrative operations to the fullest. The IT Department aims to provide high quality, accessible, and reliable administrative information systems and infrastructure to support planning, analysis, decision-making and the technology-dependent operations as a whole.
Seamless delivery of services and hi-tech facilities to the campus community across multiple platforms that will provide support for the faculty, students, and staff who make Abu Dhabi University an institution of educational and research excellence.
- The IT department plans to meet specific requirements as set forth by the university mission and the colleges' specific plans and requirements.
- The IT model is "client-centric." We are building this organization and our services from the client perspective and all the way back into the organization.
- ITD will work diligently to ensure that the university IT environment is secure, stable, reliable, recoverable and free from intrusion and nuisance.
- IT support, troubleshooting and repair are available to all Abu Dhabi University promptly, throughout the normal working day, and are available during extended hours as well.
- Abu Dhabi University community will also have access to a self-service IT web portal at all times.
- The IT Department looks after the Computer Lab (English Lab, CISCO Lab, Multimedia Lab)
- Other services include; E-learning (Smart Board and Video Conference facilities, Library Services)
- ITD provides wireless Internet facility on campus and dormitories
- Supporting state-of-the-art Auditorium
- Audio/Video facilities