Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
Visiting students are students attending courses or undertaking postgraduate research, with prior approval from the Colleges concerned, without seeking a degree at Abu Dhabi University. Students who are registered in good standing at another university may attend courses at Abu Dhabi University. Visiting students cannot change their status to any other status offered by Abu Dhabi University, nor may they use the credits earned, while on visiting status, towards an Abu Dhabi University degree.
- Apply for a permission to the Registrar to join a course(s).
- Provide evidence of proficiency in the English language.
- Provide evidence of enrollment in a similar level program.
- Be admitted for a maximum period of one year and they may earn typically up to 18 credit hours per semester.
- Participate, at their choice, in registered course- work, and sit the examination set for that course.
- Be given, at their request, a statement setting out the classes attended and the result of any examination(s).
Documents required for admission of visiting students are as follow:
1. Completed application form with the required application fee.
2. Official transcript from the University the student is joining.
3. Copy of passport.
4. 2 photographs.
5. Original copy of TOEFL/IELTS or, for postgraduate students, any other proof of English Proficiency.
6. Permission letter from the Registrar's Office of the University of the origin addressed to the Registrar of Abu Dhabi University stating the courses the student has to take at Abu Dhabi University.