Dr Chowdhury Hossan is an Assistant Profesor of Management at Abu Dhabi University. He previously he has taught the School of Management. La Trobe University, Australia, Ballarat University, Australia, Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia, and at the East West University, Bangladesh. His PhD studies investigate the introduction of eServices into the organisational processes of city councils in Australia. He also worked as an e-commerce consultant. for Peoplink, MD, USA and fellow for Mobile Government Consortium, Brighton, United Kingdom. Dr Hossan has published more 30 research articles and conference papers in international reputed journals and conferences proceedings. He is supervising several DBA and PhD students. His researcher interest includes leadership, change management, eGovernment, HRM, and he is trainer for computer based data analysis for both qualitative method and quantitative method.
Degrees / Educational Background
- Ph.D. in Management, Latrobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia2010
- MSc in E-Biz Management, International University of Japan, Niigate, Japan 2004
Areas of Competence
- Data Analysis using computer based programs for both quantitative and qualitative research
- Leadership, Attitude, and Perception studies.
- Change management, & E-government.
- Assistant Professor, ADU University, UAE. 2011 - Now
Research & Scholarly activities
BOOKS, CHAPTERS, MONOGRAPHS
- Hossan, C.G., Habib, M.W. & Kushchu, I. (2009), Success and Failure Factors for E-Government Projects Implementation in Developing Countries: A Study on the Perception of Government Officials of Bangladesh, in Usha, G. (Eds), E-Governance: Policy and Perspectives, Amicus Books, ICFAI university press, Hyderabad, pages 136-151 Chapter 6. (ISBN 81-314-1766-9)
REFEREED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Hossan, C., Parakandi, M. and Saber, H (2013), “Entrepreneurial Knowledge, Preferences and Barriers of Female Business Students in the Middle East”, Journal of Business and Policy Research Vol. 8. No. 2. July Pp. 83 – 99, (ABDC Rank 'C').
- Hossan, C, Dixon, C, & Brown, D. (2013) "Impact of group dynamics on eservice implementation: A qualitative analysis of Australian public sector organisational change", Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 26 Iss: 5, pp.853 - 873 (ADCB Rank B).
- Hossan, C., McNeil, N., & Sharif, T. (2013), “Group Response to Change for eService Development in Public Sector’, Journal of Economics, Business and Management (JOEBM), 1(4), June, pp.319-322.
- Hossan, C.G, Sarker, A.R., & Afroze, R (2012), “An Assessment of Managerial Skills in the Labour Intensive Industry: A Case Study of a Garments Manufacturing Firm”, Journal of Accounting, Business and Management (JABM), 19 (2), October. (ABDC Rank 'C').
- Hossan, C.G, Sarker, A.R., & Afroze, R (2012), “Recent un-rest in RMG sector of Bangladesh: Is this an outcome of Poor Labour Practices?”, International Journal of Business and Management, 7 (3), February, ISSN 1833-3850, Canada, . (ABDC Rank 'C')
- Sarker, A.R., Hossan, C.G., & Zaman, L. (2012), “Sustainability and Growth of Low Cost Airlines: An Industry Analysis in Global Perspective”, American Journal of Business and Management, 1(3), 162-171.
- Sarker, A.R., Miah, M.K., & Hossan, C.G.,(2012), “ Performance Management System In Uk Retail Industry: A Case Study”, Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, 7(3), 13-25.
- Hossan, C.G., McNeil, N. and Brown, D. (2011), “The dynamics of change in eService implementation: the case of Australian Local Government”. International Journal of Business and Management, 6 (11), November, ISSN 1833-3850, Canada, (ABDC Rank 'C')
- Hossan, C. G. and Bartram, T. (2010) "The battle against corruption and inefficiency with the help of eGovernment in Bangladesh”, Electronic Government, An International Journal, 7 (1), 89-100. ISSN: Print 1740-7494, Online 1740-7508, USA. (ERA Rank 'B')
- Hossan, C. G. & Kibria, C. G. (2008). “Actions towards implementing e-government in Bangladesh: Are the change agents ready?” East West University Journal, 1 (2), 1-14, ISSN 1998-1600.
- Hossan, C.G & Sikder, N.I. (2006),“ Consequences Awareness Creation Program on Building Positive Attitude towards e-Government Initiatives”. Southeast University Journal of Business Studies, Center For Business Research, II (1), 173-188, Jan-June, ISSN-1815-3267.
- Hossan, C.G., Ahmed, H.M., Rahman, A. & Rahman, N. (2006), “Predicting Consumer Buying pattern: A Low cost data mining approach for SMEs”, Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies, XXVII (2), December, 483-502, ISSN 1682-2498
- Hossan, C.G. & Kibria, C.G. (2005), “A Proposed Model for Utilizing Existing Mobile Coverage in Bangladesh for Context Aware Flood Information Management”. Journal of Business Research, .7 (June), 17-32, ISSN 1681-9748.
- Khan, M.H.M., Hossan, C.G. & Hossain, M.I. (2005) “m-Marketing: Customer Segmentation Framework of Specialty Product for Bangladesh’s market”, Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies, XXVI (1), 259-279, June, ISSN 1682-2498
REFEREED PUBLISHED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Hossan, C., McNeil, N., & Sharif, T. (2013), “Group Response to Change for eService Development in Public Sector’, 2013 2nd International on Computer and Business Management (ICCBM), by IACSIT, 1-2 June.
- Hossan, C.G (2013), “Understanding eGovernment adoption behaviour in a voluntary environment: An Application of SEM”, Paper presented at the 5th Research Symposium in Business and Economics, held at the School of Business and Management of the American University of Sharjah (AUS), UAE on May 2nd, 2013.
- Hossan, C.G. (2013), “Application of SEM to understand IT adoption behaviour in a voluntary environment”, paper presented at Abu Dhabi University Second Annual Research Conference, held on Abu Dhabi University, April 23-25.
- Hossan, C., Parakandi, M. and Saber, H (2012), “An Empirical Study on the UAE Business Student’s Entrepreneurial knowledge, Preferences and Perceived Barriers”, 7th Asian Business Research Conference, 21 – 22 December, BIAM Foundation, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Received best paper award)
- Hossan, C., Parakandi, M. and Saber, H (2012), “The Future Women Entrepreneur: An Empirical Study on the UAE Business School Students”, The EBES 2012 Conference - Istanbul, Turkey on May 24th, 25th and 26th, 2012 at the Taksim Nippon Hotel Istanbul.
- Hossan, C., Parakandi, M. and Saber, H (2012), “An empirical study on the entrepreneurial knowledge, preferences and perceived barriers among the UAE business school students”, The First Abu Dhabi University Annual Research Conference, (1st Aduarc), Tuesday, June 5th, 2012, ADU Main Campus.
- Eman Alsalami *, Chowdhury Golam Hossan (2012), “Leading for Organizational Innovation Through Transformational Leadership”, International Conference on Excellence in Business, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE, 9-10 May 2012.
- Moosa Al Murawwi*, Chowdhury Golam Hossan (2012), “The Relationship between Leadership Styles and Knowledge Transfer Practices in the Arab World”, International Conference on Excellence in Business, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE, 9-10 May 2012.
- Hossan, C.G, Rahman, A., and Afroj, R. (2012), "Do the mangers have the right managerial skills? An example of a garments factory ", the 4th Annual Research Symposium in Business and Economics, 19th of April 2012, in the Ayla Hotel - Al Ain, UAE.
- Hossan, C. G., Joiner, T. and Brown, D. (2009) “Enhancing eServices in Australian Local Government: The Role of Strategic Leaders and Employee Commitment to Change", published in the proceedings of the 23rd Annual Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM 2009, Melbourne, Australia ISBN: 1-86308-159-3. (ERA ID: 42516 Rank: ‘C’)
- Hossan, C.G., Brown, D. and Bartram, T.(2008) “Benchmarking the adoption of eGovernment: A comparative study between Australian city councils and UK city councils”. A refereed, full text article in the Proceedings of the The 4th International Conference on e-Government (ICEG), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 23rd-24th October, 2008, p. 201-211. CD ROM of abstracts and full papers, ISBN: 978-1-9066938-20-7
- Hossan, C.G and Bartram, T. (2008), “e-Government in Bangladesh: Exploring the Mindset of the Public and Private Sector Professionals”. A refereed, full text article in the Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government (EEE'08), Las Vegas, USA., July 14-17, 2008, p. 467-473. CD ROM of abstracts and full papers, ISBN: 1-60132-063-9
- Al-Zahid, K.K, Hossan, C.G., and Akter, K, (2008) “E-Governance: Opportunities and Challenges in Least Developed Countries”. A refereed, full text article in the Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government (EEE'08), Las Vegas, USA., July 14-17, 2008, CD ROM of abstracts and full papers, ISBN: 1-60132-063-9
- Hossan, C.G., Habib, M.W. & Kushchu, I, (2006) “Success and Failure Factors for e-Government projects implementation in developing countries: A study on the perception of government officials of Bangladesh” Published at the Conference of EURO mGOV 2006: Second European Conference on Mobile Government, 30-31 August & 1 September 2006 at Sussex University, Brighton, The United Kingdom. , ISBN: 0-9763341-0-1
- Hossan, C.G., Chowdhury, M. & Kushchu, I, (2005) “Prospects of Using m-Technologies for Disaster Information Management in Bangladesh and other LDCs”. The Proceedings of EURO mGOV 2005, Mobile Government Consortium International LLC, 10-12 July 2005 at Sussex University, Brighton, The United Kingdom, ISBN: 0-9763341-0-0.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Hossan, C.G. & Sarkar, A.R (2011), Management Skills Development Program (SDP), Final report Part I and Part II, A management skill appraisal report prepared for Urmi Garments and Textile Miills Limited, Dhaka, Bangladesh, August 8.
- Hossan, C G. & Brown, D (2008), E-Government performance appraisal report to the five different local governments of Victoria under the project titled "Improving the quality of public services through eServices at the city councils of Victoria", School of Business, La Trobe University, August 25.
Father Francis-Maria Salvato, SFI; Manil Shresthra; Chowdhury Golam Hossan; Mr. Francisco Proenza (2005), ‘Comprehensive Evaluation of e-Commerce in Nepal Using the CatGen Platform”, UNDP Evaluation and Research Study v.1.01, UNDP
Membership of Professional Societies
- Executive Member, Project Management Club. (June 1, 2007 - Present).
- Project Management Association of Finland. (January 1, 2006 - December 31, 2010).
- Project Management Institute. (January 1, 2007 - December 31, 2008).
- Senior Member - International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology, (IACSIT) - Member NO.: 80345983 2013
- Fellowship, World Business Institute : Research for growth, Victoria, Australia 2012
- Associate Member, The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) 2009-2010
- Current Member of international Committee of EURO mGOV, Mobile Government Consortium, UK 2005
2004-Current Registered Volunteer, UN Volunteers
- Vice President, La Trobe university Post-graduate Students Association 2007-2008
- IRMA2007 International Program Committee, Vancouver, Canada 2007
- Ambassador, International University of Japan, Bangladesh Recruitment Chapter 2004-2006