- Ph.D. Applied Science (University of California – USA).
- M.Sc. Chemical & Environmental Engineering, High School of Chemical Engineering (ENSIC) – France.
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Jordan University of Science & Technology – Jordan.
Dr. Nida Qafisheh is the Coordinator of Environmental Health & Safety Program in the College of Arts & Sciences. She is certified as a Lead Auditor in the Occupational Health & Safety. She teaches courses related to Environmental Health & Safety with special focus on Hazardous Materials (Operations & Awareness) and Occupational Health & Safety. She secured her master degree from France (ENSIC) in Environmental Engineering and earned her PhD from USA (University of California) in Applied Sciences. She served as the Acting Associate Dean and Natural Sciences Coordinator in the University College. She served as well as the Coordinator of different Environmental Activities like YFEL (Young Future Energy Leader) and SILA aiming to spread awareness among students regarding their environmental impact and how they can mitigate it by changing their attitudes. Before joining Abu Dhabi University, she worked in the industry as Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator. She worked as well as Senior Researcher & Business Development Assistant for American company for water and waste water treatment.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Water Pollution & Waste Water Treatment
- Environmental Education.
- Occupational Health & Safety.
- Supercritical CO2 Extraction of Mint Hybrid Oil.
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Science, Abu Dhabi University. 2012 – Now
- Acting Associate Dean of University College, Abu Dhabi University. 2011
- Coordinator of Natural Sciences,Abu Dhabi University. 2008 – 2011
- Assistant Professor of Natural Sciences, Abu Dhabi University. 2008 – 2011
- Quality Health Safety and Environment (QHSE) Coordinator, German Industrial Company. UAE 2006 – 2008
- ResearchCoordinator& Business Development Assistant. Severn Trent Services (American Company for Water & Waste Water Treatment).UAE. 2005 -2006
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Air & Water Pollution, Climate Change, Occupational Health & Safety, Supercritical CO2 Extraction, Environmental Education.
- Authored and co-authored of several technical publications in refereed journal and conference proceedings.
- Editor of Natural Sciences text book.
- Recipient of several research grants in the field of supercritical extraction as an environmental friendly method of flavor extraction, green synthesis using microwave reactor, environmental education.
CONSULTANCY & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Dr. Qafisheh worked in the industry in the field of Environment, health and safety, besides water and waste water treatment.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
American Chemical Society, American Engineering Chemical Society, Jordan Engineering Society.