- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada 2010
- M.A. Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada 2006
- B.Sc. (Summa Cum Laude) in Computer Engineering, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE 2004
Areas of Competence
- Image and Video Processing.
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence.
- Embedded and Robotics Systems.
- Mobile Computing.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi university, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2011 - Now
- Adjunct Professor, Abu Dhabi University University, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2010 - 2011
- Adjunct Professor, AlHosn University, Abu Dhabi, UAE. 2010 - 2011
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. 2005 - 2010
- Teaching Assistant, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. 2003 - 2004
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
- Quebec Fund for Research on Nature and Technologies Doctoral Scholarship
- Authored or co-authored over 20 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings in image and video signal processing.
- M. Ghazal, C. Vázquez, and A. Amer, "Real-time Vandalism Detection By Monitoring Object Activities", Springer Journal on Multimedia Tools and Applications, August 2010.
- M. Ghazal and A. Amer, "Noise Estimation in Images and Video Frames using Particle Filtering For Spatial Homogeneity Localization", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, May 2010.
- C. Vázquez, M. Ghazal, and A. Amer, "Feature-based Detection and Correction of Occlusions and Split of Video Objects", the Springer Journal on Signal, Image and Video Processing, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 13-25, February 2009.
- B. Qi, M. Ghazal, and A. Amer, "Robust Global Motion Estimation Oriented to Video Object Segmentation", IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, , June 2008.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2005.