- Ph.D. in Architecture and Urban Design, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.2007
- Specialist Degree in Lighting Design, Lighting Academy, Florence, Italy. 2007
- Specialist Degree in Safety measures for building construction, OAPPC, Italy.2000
- Professional Degree in Architecture, OAPPC (Italian Association of Architects), Italy.2000
- Specialist Degree in Yacht Design, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.1999
- M.Sc. with Honors in Architecture, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.1998
Areas of Competence
- Architecture and Urban Design theory and practice.
- Theoretical and technical aspects in Architectural heritage conservation and restoration.
- Architecture design and technology development towards building sustainability.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE. 2011-Now
- Research Assistant in Architecture, University of Florence, Italy. 2003-2005
- Research Assistant in Interior Architecture, University of Florence, Italy.2001-2003
- Teaching Assistant, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.1998-2001
Research & Scholarly activities
- Researcher for the Research Project LUDA (Large Urban Distressed Areas) funded by European Union, exploring urban transformation projects situated in former industrial dismissed areas in Florence, Italy.
- Supervised 5 Master Degree thesis at University of Florence, Florence, Italy.
- Authored or co-authored of 9 publications in refereed journals, technical magazines and edited books on the interrelations between architecture and urban history and its form.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
Architect and consultant for several projects in Italy, UAE and abroad, such as:
- Design for 15 villas on island in Nakheel The World project, Dubai, UAE.
- Design for a 5B+G+2M+39F residential building in Dubai Marina, Dubai, UAE.
- Feasibility study, Masterplan and preliminary design for the Florence Opera House, Italy.
- Upgrade and retrofit design for an existing Commercial Centre in Florence, Italy.
- Technical Advisor for environmental impact of A1 motorway Milan-Naples, Italy.
- Design for a private villa in Cote Azur, France.
- Architectural Advisor for the Mayor Office, Municipality of Florence, Italy.
- Transformation design for a historical dismissed factory into residential apartments, offices and retail shops, Florence, Italy.
Owner and Director of own professional firm in Florence, Italy (2000 to 2011).
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Italian Association of Professional Architects (OAPPC), Member since 2000.
- OAPPC Florence Chapter, Council Member and Cultural Department Chair (2005 to 2008).