- Ph.D. in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA 2004
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt 1999
- B.Sc. with Honors in Civil Engineering, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt 1995
Areas of Competence
- Hydrologic and morphologic processes in riverine, watershed, and estuarine environments.
- Water availability and sustainability, reservoirs design, and fish habitat studies.
- Rivers banks and coastal shore protection.
- Urban pollution and renewable energy.
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2013 - Now
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2010 - 2013
- Research Engineer & Adjunct Professor, The University of Iowa, Iowa, IA, USA 2005 - 2010
- Teaching Assistant, The University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA 2001 - 2004
- Teaching Assistant, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt 1995 - 2000
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of several research grants from federal agencies (NSF, USDA, NCD), state agencies (IDOT, IDNR, HCA), private sectors (Krause Kum and Go Co), and universities (UI, ADU).
- Authored or co-authored over 30 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on water resources and environmental engineering technical publications, in addition to two monographs and 20 technical reports.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Consultant for several engineering projects in the USA, such as:
- Clear Creek watershed erosion and flood mitigation, Iowa.
- First Estimation of the Runoff Curve number in the State of Iowa, Iowa.
- Evaluation of the reduction in the water storage capacity of Black Lake, Alaska.
- Evaluation of the Missouri River fish shallow water habitat, Nebraska.
- Part-time structural and water resources engineer for the design and construction of several projects in Egypt.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member since 2007.
- Iowa State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Professional Engineer (PE) since 2008.
- South Carolina State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, Engineer in Training (ET) since 2005.
- Egyptian Syndicate for Engineers, Member since 1995.