- 1983 : Ph.D. in Surface Physics, University of Delaware, DEL, USA.
- 1975 : M.Sc. in Electron Physics, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraqr.
- 1972 : B.Sc. in Physics, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq.
My research is focused on the studying the interaction of Ions with matter (sputtering phenomena) using mass spectrometry and different methods of surface analysis. Designing and construction of different types of Ion sources ( PIG, Calutron, Freeman, Kaufman and plasma filament ion source).
During the past years, I have been working in many institutes in USA, Iraq and UAE in a wide and different scientific activities, including teaching different types of undergraduate and graduate physics courses (Classical mechanics, Quantum mechanics, Statistical and thermal physics, Solid state physics and University Physics). Also managing and operating special projects in applied physics and engineering (Electromagnetic Isotopes Separator, Ion Implanter and Ion Beam Assisted Deposition System).
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Mass spectrometry of solids.
a. Secondary Ion mass spectrometry from solid surfaces (SIMS).
b. Secondary neutral mass spectrometry from solid surfaces (SNMS)
c. Ion scattering spectrometry from solid surfaces (ISS)
- Low energy D.C sputtering.
- Ion sources, technology and operation.
- Ion beam extraction and acceleration.
- Thin films technology, equipment and design.
- Ultra-high vacuum techniques, equipment, and construction.
- Interim Chair of the Department Applied Sciences and Mathematics. 2014- Now
- Associate Professor Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2012 - Now
- Visiting Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2010 - 2012
- Associate Professor(Adjunct), Hamdan Bin Mohammad Electronic Univ, UAE. 2009 - 2010
- Assistant Professor, George Mason University, Virginia, USA, RAK Campus, UAE. 2007-2009
- Associate Professor (Adjunct) – Ajman University, Ajman, UAE. 2005-2007
- Instructor, Khalifa Bin Zayed Air Force College
Air Force Secondary School, Al-Ain – UAE. 2004 - 2005
- Assistant Professor and Project Manager, and Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 1983 - 2003
- Research & Teaching Assistant, University of Delaware, DEL, USA. 1977 - 1983
- Teaching Assistant, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 1975 - 1977
- Lab. Assistant, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq. 1972 - 1975
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Supervising the designing, construction, and operation of different types of ion sources to be implemented in an Electromagnetic Isotopes Separators(EMIS) and Ion Implantation Plants.
- Recipient of several research grants from the Iraqi Industrial Establishment to design and construct an Ion Implantation Machine and studying Radar absorption materials.
- Supervised 3 Ph.D. and 9 Master Degree students at Baghdad and Al Mustansyriah University, Baghdad, Iraq.
- Co-authored over 20 technical classified publications for the Iraqi atomic Energy commission on the Uranium Isotopes separation and 7 blications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on the design and operation of different types of Ion sources and studying the electrical, and optical properties of hydrogenated thin films.
Teaching a verity of courses in physics for both graduate and undergraduates classes.
- University Physics- Phys-1 & phys-2 with Phys. Labs, Abu Dhabi University, UAE
- Phys.(160, 260, 243) & Math105, George Mason University, Virginia, USA, RAK Campus, UAE
- University and Modern Physics, Ajman and Al Ghurair University, UAE
- Statistical Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics and Solid State Physics for M.Sc and Ph.D students, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Certificate Of Excellence Teaching- Abu Dhabi University September 2012
- Jaber Bin Huyaan Medal - Golden type -First degree- Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission May 1996
- Jaber Bin Huyaan Medal - Bronz type-Third degree- Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission May 1988