DBA from United States International University, USA
Jacob M. Chacko, is the Dean of the College of Business Administration at Abu Dhabi University. Prior to joining ADU, he was the Dean of the School of Business at Clayton State University, in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Chacko has also held administrative positions as Associate Dean and Department Head at two universities in the US.
At his prior institutions, Dean Chacko successfully led the AACSB accreditation and reaffirmation process. As the Dean of the School of Business at Clayton State University, Jacob led the initiative to develop an academic niche in Supply Chain Management. Under his leadership, the first BBA and an MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics in Atlanta were developed. He was also instrumental in developing the Center of Supply Chain Management to connect faculty and students with practitioners and companies for consulting, training, internships, and placement purposes.
At ADU, Jacob has led the development of the first doctoral program at the University and in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. This year under his leadership, ADU has developed a dual degree EMBA/MGM program with Tulane University in New Orleans, USA and have proposed seven areas of specializations within the University’s MBA program.
Dr. Chacko teaching interests are in international marketing, international business, marketing management, personal marketing, and strategic market planning at the MBA level. He has had his research publications appear in three books, in over 30 national and international academic conference proceedings and in 20 academic journals in marketing and international business. His research interests are the emerging economies of Asia and Central Europe, niche marketing, and ethics in international business. Dean Chacko was the chair of the AACSB’s Small School Network and is currently a member of EFMD’s annual MENA conference organizing committee.
- Chacko, J. M. (in press). Academic Misconduct among Business Students: A Comparison of the US and UAE. To appear in Journal of Academic Ethics. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10805-013-9200-0
- Chacko, J. M. (2009). Targeting Asian-Indian American consumers. Journal of International Business and Cultural Studies, 1, 1 - 7.
- Chacko, J. M. (2006). Targeting the Asian-Indian Market. Applied Business Review, 1 - 5.
- Chacko, J. M., Deis, M. H. (2006). Performance evaluation portfolio program (PEPP): An electronic tool for assessment and personal marketing. Global Education Journal, 2006(Issue 4), 43 - 57.
Other Intellectual Contributions
- Chacko, J. M., "Consumer, Regulatory and Competition Policy Issues In the Global Airline Industry: An Exploratory Analysis in Alliances and Mergers," Academy of Marketing Science Annual Meeting, Tampa, Florida. (2005).