- Ph.D. in Information Science, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK.
- M.A. in Computer Science, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics , Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq.
Areas of Competence
- Database Systems.
- Computer Algorithms.
- Programming Languages.
- Web Technology.
- Computer Processing of Arabic.
- Computation of Arabic Linguistics.
- Information Retrieval.
- Artificial Neural Networks.
- Assistant Professor and college coordinator, Abu Dhabi Universiity. 2006-Date
- Assistant Professor and Deputy Dean, Ajman University, UAE. 1998 - 2006
- Assistant Professor, Yarmouk University, Jordan. 1992 - 1998
- Lecturer, Univ. of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq. 1989 - 1992
- Teaching Assistant, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
- Analyst Programmer, Central Statistical Organization.
- Analyst Programmer, National Computer Center, Baghdad, Iraq.
Research & Scholarly activities
- Supervised and examined over 20 Master Degree students at the University of Baghdad and the University of Mosul.
- Authored or co-authored 10 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on computer algorithms processing Arabic Texts, and the use of artificial neural networks for the prediction of diabetic conditions.
- Refereed and evaluated many research papers in international conferences and journals.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Involved in the curriculum development and program design for the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the field of computer science and information technology for many universities.
- Involved in the performance evaluation of many information systems.
- Programmers team leader for the General Accounting System in Iraq.
- Programmers team leader for the General Census System in Iraq.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Member of the British Computer Society.
- Member of the IEEE Computer Society.