- PhD in Electrical & Computing Engineering, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK 1992
- B.Sc in Electrical & Communication Engineering 1985 1985
Areas of Competence
- Service Orientated Architecture ( SOA ) technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Neural Networks.
- Remote Monitoring, eHealth.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University. 2009 - Now
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University. 2008 - 2009
- Associate Professor, Assistant Dean, Oman Medical College, Oman. 2006 - 2008
- Associate Professor, Assistant Dean, Fire Safety Engineering College , Oman. 2005 - 2006
- Senior Software Specialist, Sentinel Group, Basingstoke, Hants, UK. 2003 - 2005
- Associate Professor, Dean of Applied Sciences College. Sohar University, Oman. 1998 –2003
- Senior System Analyst and Programmer, Westinghouse Systems, UK. 1994 – 1998
- Assistant Professor, Western Mountain Institute of Technology. 1992 – 1994
- Research Associate, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. 1988 – 1992
- Research Assistant, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. 1985 - 1987
Research & Scholarly activities
- Submitted and received several research grants from the Emirates Foundation at Abu Dhabi University.
- Authored or co-authored over 30 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on the Service Oriented Architecture, eHealth, Remote Monitoring, AI, and Neural Networks.
- Authored books chapters in eLearning.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Senior Software Specialist, Sentinel Group, Basingstoke, Hants, United Kingdom.
- Senior System Analyst and Programmer ( Team Leader ), Westinghouse Systems Ltd., United Kingdom.
- eHealth Strategy for Abu Dhabi Health Services ( SEHA ).
- Electronic No Objection Certificate System at Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Smart Healthcare Framework using Service Oriented Architecture.
- Collaborative of Education Framework based on using SOA and Web 2.0 Technologies.
- Smart Mobile Phone Applications for Chronic Disease Management.
- Feasibility of Solar Energy ( Photovoltaic ) systems in GCC/UAE and Oman case study.
- Proposal for designing Professional Knowledge Development Centre at ADU.
- Collaboration with PTI ( Power Technology Inc. ) to produce in house products interface UK/USA.
- Served on the national diversity group in the UK that deals with Ethnic Minority issues, UK.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Editorial member of the International Association for Information Culture, Human and Industry Technology.
- Member of reviewing panel of experts on the Data Mining and Intelligent Information Technology Applications International Journal.
- Member of the UAE National Research and Education Network.
- Member of the European Scientific Committee of Social Media in Education and Learning.
- Member of Editorial committee of Education and Instructional Studies.