- Ph.D. Chemical and Process Engineering, New Castle Upon Tyne University
- MSc. Chemical Process and Design Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
- BSc. Gas processing Algerian Institute of Petroleum
Omar Chaalal is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Abu Dhabi University (ADU). Chaalal is an internationally renowned expert in the separation technologies. He is the inventor of the EnPro Process that deals with the sequestration of carbon dioxide and global warming reduction. He has undertaken several successful research related to CO2 cleaning in Natural Gas and subsequently two patents applications have been filed for the use of this technology. The benefits of these patents were, in addition to the environmental benefits, used in the treatment of large quantities of desalinated formation water in the oil field. Chaalal has pioneered among others the use of seawater and ammonia to reduce the effect of carbon dioxide on the environment.
Chaalal was an associate professor of Chemical Engineering at Ibn Khaldun University Algeria, as well as at the United Arab Emirates University. He was the Chief Scientist of Enpro As. Norway, a member of Al Mobdioon Center of Excellence and innovation of King Abdul Aziz University (Saudi Arabia), an Advisory Board of IIB environmental Company in Japan and a member of the board of the Journal of Nature Science and Sustainable Technology (Nova Science Publisher). He has authored 50 refereed publications, 2 European patents, 1 US patent pending and 200 presentations.
- Membrane separation techniques and technologies for solving separation problems in chemical, environmental, food, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries (involving both gas mixtures and liquid solutions).
- Carbon dioxide sequestration and global warming remediation
- Water treatment and water desalination
- Environmental protection: Heavy metal pollution and prevention.