- Ph.D. in Electrical Power Systems, Queen’s University Belfast, UK 2011
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan 2008
- B.Sc. with Honors in Elect. Engineering, Univ. of Eng. and Tech., Lahore, Pakistan 2005
Areas of Competence
- Electrical Machines, Power System Analysis, Protection and Control, Power Transmission and Distribution and Renewable Energy.
- Integration of Renewable Energy into the centralized grids
- Modelling and Simulation of Power systems and High Voltage Engineering and Power System Quality
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2012 - Now
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, UK 2008 - 2011
- Lecture/Lab Engineer Univ. of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan 2006 - 2008
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Recipient of Charles Parsons Energy Research Award
- Authored or co-authored over 20 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on Power System Quality, Integration of Renewable Energy into the grid and High Voltage Engineering
CONSULTANCY & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Worked with Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) to assess heating profiles for houses and best approaches to meet the heating demand 2008-2011
- Worked with Northern Ireland Electricity (NIE) and Glen Dimplex Northern Ireland to assess the heat pump load as a flexible load for managing wind variability management studies 2008 - 2011
- Worked for Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) to assess the impact of high penetration of compact fluorescent lamps on distribution networks 2007 - 2008
- Worked for Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) to assess the impact of induction furnaces on power quality of distribution networks 2007 - 2008
- Worked on feasibility study of solar projects in the Cholistan region of Punjab, Pakistan 2007
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Member since 2009.
- Energy Institute (EI), UK, GradEI since 2013.
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) since 2006
- Member of World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society(WSEAS), since 2008