Ph.D. in Marketing, University of Nottingham, UK
Dr. Shilpa Iyanna is an Associate Professor of Marketing at the College of Business Administration at Abu Dhabi University. Shilpa holds a PhD from Nottingham University Business School, University of Nottingham, UK. She was the recipient of prestigious Nottingham University Business School fully funded scholarship for her PhD. Dr. Shilpa has more than 20 years of teaching and research experience. Throughout her teaching career, she has had the opportunity to teach a diverse group of students from different cultural and national backgrounds. Dr. Shilpa’s research interests are in the areas of customer value, value co-creation, resource integration and consumer behaviour. More recently her research is in the area of Sustainable Lifestyle and Consumer Behaviour. Her work has been published in many international peer reviewed conferences and journals.
Areas of Competence
- Customer Value
- Consumer Behaviour
- Value Co-Creation
- Sustainable Consumer Behaviour
- Circular Economy and Consumer Behaviour
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University2016 - Now
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Abu Dhabi University2011 - 2016
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Marketing, Abu Dhabi University2010 - 2011
- Tutor, University of Nottingham2008 - 2009
Research & Scholarly activities
- Iyanna, S., Papastathopoulos, A. (2017). Measuring Private Sphere Sustainable Behaviour of Residents in Abu Dhabi. International Journal of Sustainable Society, Vol.9, No.2, pp.178 – 192
- Iyanna. S. (2016), “Empirical Illustrations of Undergraduate Students’ Goal Pursuit Dynamics”, International Journal of Management in Education, 10(4), 339-352.
- Iyanna, S. (2016), “Insights Into Consumer Resource Integration And Value Co-Creation Process”, Journal of Applied Business Research, 32(3), 717-728.
- Eleftheriou, K and Iyanna. S (2016), “Special issue on sustainable production and consumption in the UAE”, Editorial, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol 55, 1164-1165.
- Ghazal, M. A., Akmal, M., Iyanna, S. (2016). Smart Plugs: Perceived Usefulness and Satisfaction: Evidence from United Arab Emirates. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol 55, page 1248-1259.
- Iyanna, S. (2015). Extended Means-End Value Framework – A model to measure co-created customer value”, Academy of Marketing Studies Journal (AMSJ), 19(1), 129 – 148 .
- Iyanna, S., Bosangit, C., Mohd Any, A. A. (2012). Value Evaluation of Customer Experience using Consumer Generated Content. International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 15.
- Iyanna, S., Abraham, J. A. (2012). A Comparative Cost Analysis of Undergraduate Business Degrees for International Students in Selected Countries. International Journal of Business and Management, 7(4), 13.
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Bosangit, C., Carrigan, M., and Lazell. J., 18th European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production, “I am what I drive: Challenges of sustainable daily commute in UAE,” Greece (October 2017)
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Papastathopoulos, A., 22nd International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference, "Measuring Sustainable Consumer Behaviour of Residents in Abu Dhabi," Abu Dhabi University, Portugal. (July 13, 2016).
- Iyanna, S., International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM), "Resource Integration in the Context of Value Co-Creation," Asian Academy of Management, Abu Dhabi. (November 2015).
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Bosangit, C., Carrigan, M., Global Cleaner Production and Sustainable Consumption Conference, "Exploring the role of moral norms and neutralisation in environmentally conscious behaviour: The case of UAE consumers," Elsiver, Barcelona. (November 1, 2015).
- Iyanna, S., Everyday Sustainable Behaviour Practices of Individuals in the United Arab Emirates, "Marketing your Brand as a Franchise," Abu Dhabi Chamber, Abu Dhabi. (November 19, 2014).
- Iyanna, S., Second Biennial Conference of the Global Research Forum on Sustainable Production and Consumption, "Sustainable Consumption Practices in the United Arab Emirates," GRF-SPaC, Shanghai, China. (June 11, 2014).
- Iyanna, S., The Second Biennial GRF–SPaC Conference, "Everyday Sustainable Behaviour Practices of Individuals in the United Arab Emirates," Shanghai. (June 10, 2014).
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), American Marketing Association, "Consumer Goal Dynamics – An Empirical Illustration”," American Marketing Association, Chicago, United States of America. (August 17, 2012).
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Winklhofer, H. (Author), Devlin, J. (Author), Academy of Marketing Science, "A Framework to Measure the Co-Created Concept of Customer Value," AMS, New Orleans, USA. (May 19, 2012).
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Winklhofer, H. (Author), Devlin, J. (Author), The forum on Markets and Marketing: Extending Service Dominant Logic (FMM 2010), "The Dynamic, Co-Created Perspective of Value," University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. (September 23, 2010).
- Iyanna, S. (Author & Presenter), Academy of Marketing, "Value Assessment Through Means-End Theory Framework – A Critique," Coventry University, United Kingdom. (July 6, 2010).
Membership of Professional Societies
- American Marketing Association
- Academy of Marketing Science
- Academy of International Business
- International Sustainable Development Research Society (ISDRS)