- Ph.D. in Hydrology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA 1994
- M.Sc. in Civil & Environ. Engineer., Polytechnic Institute of New York, NY, USA 1986
- B.Sc. in Civil & Environ. Engineer., Polytechnic Institute of New York, NY, USA 1986
Areas of Competence
- Groundwater, Unsaturated Flow, and Contaminant Transport Modeling.
- Landfill Monitoring, Incineration and Arc Plasma Technologies, Nuclear Waste.
- Statistical Decision-Making, Game Theory, and Risk Analysis.
- Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2013- Now
- Associate Professor, Technical University of Crete, Greece. 2007 - 2013
- Associate Professor, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA. 2001 - 2007
- Assistant Professor, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA. 1995 - 2001
- Senior Staff Consultant, Intera Inc., US DOE Off. of Radioactive Waste Manag. 1992 - 1995
- Research Associate, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA. 1986 - 1992
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of several research grants from the U.S. National Science Foundation, US Department of Energy, US Sloan Foundation, US Department of Education, Center for Manufacturing & Technology (CEMAT), South Carolina Universities Research & Education Foundation (SCUREF), and Technical University of Crete Research Office.
- Supervised 1 Post-Doc, 7 Ph.D. and 15 Master Degree students at Univ. of South Carolina, USA and Technical University of Crete, Greece.
- Co-authored two monographs: "Environmental Risk Analysis," McGraw Hill Professional Engineering Series, 456 pp. 2001, and "Environmental Risk and Liability Management for Corporations and Consultants," Geological Society of America (GSA), 140 pp., 2000.
- Authored or co-authored over 75 scientific publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Vice-President Athens Water & Sewerage Co. (EYDAP), Greece (2013-now).
- Science Advisor to the Greek Minister of Environment (2010-11).
- Senior Staff Consultant, Intera Inc. for the US Department of Energy Yucca Mountain, NV project for the burial of US high-level radioactive waste (1992-95).
- Collaborated with Sandia, Los Alamos, LBL, and Savannah River Site National Laboratories.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Geophysical Union (AGU), European Geophysical Union (EGU), and Technical Chamber of Greece.