- 2001 : Ph.D. in Mathematics, Northern Illinois University, IL, USA.
- 1998 : Master of Science in Mathematics,Northern Illinois University, IL, USA.
- 1988 : Bachelor of Science in Probability and Statistics,University of Science and Technology, Algeria.
Dr. Jamal graduated with a PhD degree and a Master degree in Mathematics from Northern Illinois University, IL, USA and a Bachelor in Probability & Statistics from the University of Science and Technology, Algiers. He taught at Indiana University at South Bend, IN, Valdosta State University, GA, in USA and at United Arab Emirates University before joining Abu Dhabi University in UAE.
Dr. Jamal has a very strong background in mathematics and statistics and a long experience in teaching mathematics at different levels with different types of new technologies. His research interests are in complex analysis and complex differential equations as well as real analysis, functional differential equations and neural networks.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
Complex Analysis, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Neural Networks.
- Abu Dhabi University, Department of Applied Sciences and Mathematics, UAE.
- United Arab Emirates University, Department of Mathematics, UAE.
- Valdosta State University, Math Department, USA.
- Indiana University, Math Department, USA.
- Northern Illinois University, Math Department, USA.
- University of Sciences and Technology, Probability and Statistics Department, Algeria.
RESEARCH & SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Akca, H., Benbourenane, J., Covachev, V. (2014). “Global Exponential Stability of Impulsive Cohen-Grossberg-Type BAM Neural Networks with Time-Varying and Distributed Delays”, IJAPM, Vol. 4, No. 3.
- Akca, H., Benbourenane, J. (2013). “Existence Theorem for Semilinear Impulsive Functional Differential Equations with Nonlocal Conditions” IJAPM, 3(3), 182-187.
- Akca, H., Benbourenane, J. (2013). “Impulsive Delay Reaction-Diffusion Cohen-Grossberg Neural Networks with Zero Dirichlet Boundary Conditions” MEJSR 13, 15-24.
- Benbourenane, D., Sons, L. R. (2004) “On Global Solutions of Complex Linear Differential Equations in the Unit Disk.” Complex Variables Theory and Applications, 49(13), 301-310.
- Benbourenane D., Sons L. R. (2004)”Order of Growth of Solutions to Algebraic Differential Equations in the Unit Disk.” IJMMS, (41-44), 2161-2170.
- Benbourenane D., Korhonen R. (2001) “On the Growth of the Logarithmic Derivative.” CMFT No.2, 301-310
- 2011 : Conference on Blaschke Products and their Applications, 2011 hosted by the Fields Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2010 : Complex Analysis Conference, 2010 hosted by Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA.
- 2010 : Leading Group Panel Discussion at the Global Forum on Technology & Innovation in Teaching and Leading, at Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, 2010.
- 2008 : Co-Moderator at the conference on Global Forum and Technology and Innovation in Education, which was held in conjunction with the Gulf Education and Training Exhibition, GETEX2008, Dubai, UAE, 2008.
- 2007 : International Conference on Mathematical Sciences on “Integrating Mathematical Sciences within Society”, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2007.
- 2006 : International Congress of Mathematicians, ICM 2006, in Madrid, Spain, 2006.
- 2006 : International Conference on Mathematical Analysis & Applications, ICMAA 2006, Bangkok, Thailand, May 24, 2006.
- 2006 : UAE Math Day, Sharjah, UAE, April 2006.
- 2004 : International Conference on Mathematical Inequalities and their applications, Melbourne, Australia, Dec 6-8, 2004.
- 2004 : Second International Conference on Mathematical Sciences 2004, Al-Ain, UAE, Dec 12-14, 2004.
- 2003 : American Mathematical Society Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD, USA, January 2003.
- 2001 : American Mathematical Society Annual Meeting in the special session, "Function theory, differential equations and functional equations," New Orleans, LA, USA, January 2001.
CONSULTANCY & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Research Statistician, DeKalb Genetics (Monsanto Co), IL, USA.
- Consultant Statistician, Statistics Division, NIU, IL, USA.
MEMBERSHIPS OF PROFESIONAL SOCIETIES
- Associate Editor in AJMAA (Australian Journal of Mathematical Analysis & Applications).
- Research Group in Mathematical Inequalities and Applications (RGMIA).
- American Mathematical Society, Sigma Xi, AJMAA, Journal of Pure & Applied Sciences, University of Sharjah, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis.