- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago Illinois USA 1998
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois USA 1992
- B.Sc. with Honors in Mechanical Engineering, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan 1989
Areas of Competence
- Modeling and simulation of Multi-body Systems Dynamics applications.
- Mechanical systems dynamic, vibration, and finite Element analysis.
- Design Methodology, Computer-aided Design, and Computer Integrated Design.
- General machine design and product development
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2013 - Now
- Assistant Professor, Sudan University of Science & Technology, Sudan. 2011 - 2013
- Product Development Engineer, Ford Motor Company, USA. 2000 - 2011
- Product Development Engineer, Altair Engineering, Inc, USA. 1998 - 2000
Research & Scholarly Activities
- North American Product Programs Award for " Truck Durability Road to lab Migration Achievement" Ford Motor Company (Dearborn Michigan July 2009)
- World Wide Proving Grounds Vehicle Engineering Achievement Award for "Non-Destructive PT Mount Load Transducer" Ford Motor Company (Dearborn Michigan June 2008)
- Authored or co-authored over 5 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings and more than 30 Technical Reports at Ford Motor Company.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Twelve plus years of experience in Automotive Industry leading research in product development.
- Consultant for several engineering projects in the USA, such as:
- Twin I Beam Suspension Bracket Loads Assessment With Coil Spring Stiffness Reduction by up to 25%, Ford Motor Company
- Root Cause Analysis for Suspension Shock Failures in Durability Verification Test, Ford.
- Power Train and Chassis Modal Separation to Reduce PT Mounts Peak Loads, Ford.
- Durability Test Development for Pickup’s Tailgates Which Equipped with Step & Flexible Extension Mechanisms, Ford Motor Company
- Investigated and analyzed a work piece fixture called the Particulate, Boeing Commercial Airline Company.
- Fatigue life of the Leads of the electronic components due to the vibration of the board (PCB). Motorola, Automotive & Industrial Electronic Group.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Member of the SAE Society of Automotive Engineers and served as technical papers reviewer.
- Member of the PMI project management institute. I am also a licensed PMP.