- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering, American University of Sharjah
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, American University of Sharjah; Minor in Engineering Management
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certification from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
Elron Gomes has worked as a technology engineer at Masdar, UAE. He has worked on projects at BASF Construction Chemicals and Concorde-Corodex Group. He spent two years as an engineering laboratory teaching and research assistant at the American University of Sharjah, UAE.
His areas of research and teaching interest are in corrosion, water and renewable energy. His teaching areas are chemical engineering labs I and II and corrosion lab.
Areas of Competence
- Chemical engineering, Corrosion, Water, Solar energy (PV)
Research & Scholarly Activities
- “Corrosion inhibition of mild steel by Calotropis procera leaves extract in a CO2 saturated sodium chloride solution”, published in the Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, 2016.
- “Adsorption Study of Bio-Degradable Natural Sorbents for Remediation of Water from Crude Oil”, published in the 6th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, 2015.