- Ph.D. in Marketing, Griffith University , Brisbane Australia 2011
- Masters in Marketing , Griffith University , Brisbane ,Australia 2006
- Masters in Business Administration , Queensland University of Technology , Australia2000
- Bachelor in Commerce, Mahatma Gandhi University, India1998
Dr. Saju Jose works as Associate Professor in Marketing at Abu Dhabi University and has several years of academic experience. He was awarded PhD in Marketing from Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia. He received his Master’s in Business Administration from Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia in 2000 and was awarded Masters in Marketing from Griffith University in 2006. He has taught Marketing, International Business and other core management courses in reputed Business schools in Australia and in the Middle East. Dr. Saju Jose started his teaching career as an Academic at Queensland University of Technology. In 2008, he moved to Queensland Institute of Business and Technology (QIBT), an organization based at Griffith University campus, Brisbane. He worked there as the Lecturer for Marketing. In 2009 Dr. Saju Jose joined the Middle East College (MEC) based in Knowledge Oasis Muscat, primarily to teach in the MBA program offered in collaboration with Coventry University U.K.
Dr. Saju Jose has research interest in the areas of CSR , Sustainability , Digital Marketing strategies , Consumer Behavior .He is a vivid researcher and has published in many reputed journals including International Journal of Bank Marketing , Journal of Consumer Behavior and International Journal of education management . He has collaborated with academics from Ohio State University, Stockholm University, University of Kent and Queensland University of Technology for several research projects.
In addition to his academic duties, he works as an International exchange coordinator at Abu Dhabi University. He has established more than 10 partnerships with well know Universities in the U.S, U.K, Brazil, Australia, France and Malaysia. Some of the partnerships include, Dual degree with Queensland University of Technology, two plus two degree with Monash Australia and Malaysia, Tourism and Event Management MBA with Griffith University Australia and several student short term exchange programs.
Areas of Competence
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Assistant Professor, ADU University, UAE.2012 - Now
- Lecturer ,Middle East College , Oman 2009-2011
- Lecturer , Queensland Institute of Business and technology2008-2009
- Lecturer , Queensland University of Technology 2002-2008
- Jose, Khare and Buchanan (2017), Customer Perceptions of CSR Authenticity" International Journal of Organizational Analysis, in press (Scopus listed-0.73)
- Jose and Chacko (2017), Building a sustainable Higher education sector in the UAE, International Journal of Educational Management Vol. 31 Issue: 6, pp.752-765, (Scopus listed-0.89)
- Jose and Chacko (2016), Sustainable Development of Microfinance customers – An Empirical Investigation Based on India “Journal of Enterprise Information Management Manuscript ID JEIM-02-2016-0056, (Scopus listed-1.047)
- Jose, Khare and Buchanan (2015), Serving the poor: Captive market CSR and repurchase intention, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 2015 Vol-33 , Issue -3 (Scopus listed-1.510)
- Jose and Buchanan (2013), Marketing at the bottom of the pyramid: Service quality sensitivity of captive microfinance borrowers, Journal of Consumer Marketing, 2013 Vol-30, issue-7 (ABDC –B) (Scopus listed-1.343)
- Jose, Rugimbana and Gatfield (2012), Consumer responses to CSR driven microfinance strategy of Banks -An empirical investigation based on India , International Journal of Business and Management; Vol. 7, No. 21.
- Jose, S. Sustainability of Microfinance Programs- An Empirical Investigation Based on India (166th ed., vol. 10). 2013 Proceedings of the Tenth World Congress: ADVANCES IN GLOBAL BUSINESS RESEARCH.
- Jose, S., Khare, N and Buchanan, Robert F, (2014) -International CSR and repurchase intention at the bottom of the pyramid , Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business – Southeast, Miami, USA.
- Jose, and Venkitachalam . ICOM (2016), Developing a layered model of CSR Practices – the case of Banks , 2016, November 20-21, Abu Dhabi
- Jose, Buchanan and Khare, Academy of Management (2015) , Measurement Construct Development for Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility, Vancouver , Canada, August 7-11
- Jose, Buchanan and Khare, Academy of International Business (AIB) (2014) "International CSR and repurchase intention at the bottom of the pyramid" Florida University, Miami, USA. October 21st -23rd.
- Jose, S. (Presenter) and Buchanan, Decision Science Institute (DSI) (2013), Service quality sensitivity of captive microfinance borrowers, Baltimore, USA. November 19th – 23rd.
- Jose, S. (Author & Presenter), XLRI, (2012) Inclusive Finance: Making Finance and Insurance Markets Work for the Poor, Jamshedpur, India. March 1st -3rd.
- Jose, S. (Author & Presenter), AGBA (2012), Sustainability of Microfinance programs, Ajman University, UAE April 10th-12th.
- Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC)- CSR Pursue or Perish – Delivered to Higher management on 28th May 2016
- Tourism and Culture Authority, Abu Dhabi – CSR and Tourism - Delivered to Higher management on 28th September 2017
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Consultant for an Educational Provider in Australia conducting a Feasibility study of the Indian Market for University education
Membership of Professional Societies
- Member Australian Institute of Marketing
- Member Australian Institute of Management
- Member Decision Science Institute, Atlanta, U.S.A.