- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada 2011
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada2010
- M.A. in Optical Communications and Photonic Technology, Politecnico di Torino, Italy2005
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Mutah University, Jordan2003
Areas of Competence
- Plasmonic devices and structures, silicon photonics, microwave and terahertz photonics, and Nonlinear Optics. These include experimental and theoretical expertise.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2011-Now
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Ottawa University, Canada2010-2011
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada.2005-2010
Research & Scholarly activities
- He has authored/coauthored more than 20 papers in technical journals and international conferences.
- He is an active reviewer for articles submitted to Optics Express, Optics Letters, IEEE Photonics Journal, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Optics and Lasers in Engineering.
- Dr. Qasymeh was the recipient of a MITACS Elevate Fellowship in 2010.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Montasir Qasymeh “Terahertz Generation in an Electrically Biased Optical Fiber: A Theoretical Investigation”, International Journal of Optics, vol. 2012, 486849, 2012.
- Montasir Qasymeh, Wangzhe Li, and Jianping Yao, “Frequency-Tunable Microwave Generation Based on Time-Delayed Optical Combs,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no.11, pp.298-2993, 2011. (Highlighted in the vertical news, Jan 04, 2012).
- Montasir Qasymeh, Sergey Ponomarenko, and Michael Cada, “Ultrashort Pulse Polarization Control in Silicon Waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1795-1805, 2009.
- Montasir Qasymeh, Michael Cada, and Sergey Ponomarenko “Quadratic Electric-Optic Kerr Effect: Applications to Photonic Devices,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 740-747, 2008.( Highlighted in the vertical news, Oct 15, 2008).
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2010.
- The IEEE Photonics Society (IPS), since 2010.