- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA 2006
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA 2003
- M.Sc. in Computational Geophysics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA 2001
- B.Sc. with Honors in Physics, Birzeit University, Palestine 1998
Areas of Competence
- Human-Computer Interaction, Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing, Mobile Computing, Enterprise Computing, Usability Evaluation and Iterative Design, and Privacy.
- Associate Professor, College of Engineering, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2013 - Current
- Assistant Professor, College of Engineering, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2006 – 2013
- Adaptive Technology Center, Assistive Tech. Consultant, Indiana Univ., USA 2005 - 2006
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA. 1998 – 2005
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of several research grants from the Emirates foundation, National Electronic Security Agency, Nokia, Google, Open University (UK), and ADU University totaled nearly 400,000 AED
- Authored or co-authored over 25 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings with over 200 citations.
- Received the best paper award in The 2011 International Conference and Workshop on Current Trends in Information Technology (CTIT’11), November, 2011.
- Research Award of the College of Engineering at Abu Dhabi University for Academic year 2012. This award is given to one professor per year with the best research record.
- Won the Second Place with 10,000 AED award in “Made in UAE” Competition, 2011. My mobile application was selected from a large pool of applicants
- Abu Dhabi University Chancellor Innovation Award for best innovative idea for improving the university. 2010.
- Abu Dhabi University Research Award granted for my contribution to advancing research. 2009. This is a university-wide award that is given for one faculty member per year.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Consultant for several Usability projects for major international companies such for Nokia, Samsung, HSBC, and Microsoft.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Steering Committee for Mobile Application Contest (MAC) since 2010