- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Ryerson University, Canada 2009
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Ryerson University, Canada 2003
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt 1988
Areas of Competence
- Roadway design consistency.
- Human factors related to transportation engineering and roadway design.
- Intelligent transportation systems.
- Road safety studies.
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2014 - Now
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2009 - 2014
- Research Associate, Ryerson University, Canada 2007 - 2009
- Transportation engineer, Giffels Associates, Toronto, Canada 2003 - 2007
- Research Assistant, Ryerson University, Canada 2000 - 2003
- Project manager, Arcon Construction, Egypt 1996 - 2000
- Project engineer, Modern Contracting, Alexandria, Egypt 1988 - 1996
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of several research grants from Emirates Foundation and Abu Dhabi University.
- Recipient of several research awards and prizes including Arthur M. Wellington prize from American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Innovation Challenge Award from Ryerson University, and Outstanding Research Award from Abu Dhabi University.
- Authored or co-authored over 20 technical publications in book chapters, refereed journals and conference proceedings.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Participated in several projects related to transportation engineering and roadway design in Canada, including:
- Geometric design and traffic analysis for Highway 407 Extension.
- Geometric design and traffic analysis for Highway 410 Extension.
- Parking Study for Darlington Power Generation Station.
- Traffic Impact Study for several industrial and commercial developments.
- Traffic study to reduce traffic congestion during shift peak hours at Honda manufacturing plant in Ontario.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE).
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Canadian Society for Civil Engineers (CSCE).