- Ph.D. in Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA 2005
- M.Sc. in Architecture Engineering, Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt 1998
- B.Sc. Architecture Engineering, Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt 1992
Areas of Competence
- Architecture Design.
- Building Technology.
- Computer Aided Design and Building Information Modeling.
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2010 - Now
- General Manager, New Urban Communities Authority, Egypt. 2009 - 2009
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Egypt 2006 - 2010
- Assistant Professor, Ain Shams University, Egypt. 2006 - Now
- Digital Design Team Lead, Skidmore Owing and Merrill, Chicago. 2004 - 2006
- Assistant Lecturer Ain Shams University, Egypt 1998 - 2006
- Teaching Assistant, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 1992 - 1998
Research & Scholarly Activities
- Recipient of research grants from Abu Dhabi Seed Fund.
- Supervised 3 Ph.D. and 3 Master Degree students at Ain Shams University.
- Authored or co-authored 11 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on the applications of CAD and BIM technologies in architectural practice and education.
- Scientific committee member for several conferences and journals.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Architect and Project Architect for several architectural projects in Egypt.
- General Manager at the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA), Egypt
- Urban Harmony Executive Committee board member, Egypt.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- Arab Society for Computer Aided Architectural Design (ASCAAD) board member
- Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture ACADIA, member.
- Syndicate of Egyptian Engineers, member since 1992.
- Magaz Magazine: a design oriented monthly magazine, Co-founder and Board of Directors member.