- Ph.D. in Structures and Mechanics, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO USA2001
- M.S. in Structures and Materials, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA 1998
- B.Sc. with Honors in Civil Eng., University of Khartoum, Sudan 1992
Areas of Competence
- Stability of Steel Structures
- Progressive Collapse Mitigation.
- Long and Short Term Properties of Concrete.
- Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Abu Dhabi University, UAE 2009-Now
- Chair of the Civil Engineering Department, Abu Dhabi University, UAE. 2008-2015
- Associate Professor, University of Hartford, CT, USA.2008-2009
- Assistant Professor, University of Hartford, CT, USA.2002-2008
- Teaching and Research Assistant, University of Colorado, Denver/Boulder, USA. 1996-2001
- Structural Engineering, Technincon Engineering Consultants, Khartoum, Sudan 1992-1995
Research & Scholarly activities
- Lead the ABET accreditation process at Abu Dhabi University and authored the self-study report
- Lead the development of the Master of Science in Civil Engineering Program at Abu Dhabi University and authored the proposal report.
- Lead the review and redesign of the Civil Engineering Program at Abu Dhabi University for compliance with accreditation requirements.
- Received several teaching, service, and collegiality awards at Abu Dhabi University, as well as Abu Dhabi University Outstanding Faculty Award.
- Recipient of several research grants from the University of Hartford, and Abu Dhabi University.
- Supervised 8 Master’s Degree Thesis at the University of Hartford, CT, USA, 2002-2008
- Authored or co-authored over 25 technical publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings on progressive collapse mitigation, structural mechanics, and concrete technology.
Consultancy & Industry Experience
Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Virginia, USA, 2004-Present
Full Structural Engineer in Khartoum, Sudan, 1992-1995:
- Designed several banking facilities including strong-rooms.
- Designed several private residential villas
- Participated in design of buildings taller than 20 stories.
Part-time consulting structural engineer for the design and construction of several projects in USA for clients including Otis Elevators Company, 2002-2008.
Membership of Scientific & Professional Societies
- American Concrete Institute Member since 2005.
- American Institute of Steel Construction, Member since 2003.
- Chi-Epsilon, Civil Engineering Honor Society, 1997- Present
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member, 1997 - 2008.