- PhD, University of East London, England, UK 2011
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research, University of East London, UK 2007
- MBA, Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, Pakistan1981
Dr. Nayyer Samad is Assistant Professor of Marketing. He has over 25 years of professional experience in pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing including two years in social marketing for family health. He has an MBA degree from IBA, Karachi University and a PhD from the University of East London.
Areas of Competence
- Marketing Management, Social Marketing
- Assistant Professor, ADU University, UAE.2011 - Now
- Consultant, Wardour Group Limited, England, UK 2005 - 2011
- Business Unit Manager, Cygnet Healthcare, England, UK2004 - 2005
Research & Scholarly activities
- Samad, N. (2013). Impact of Management Structure on Development Programs: Lessons from Social Marketing. Social Marketing Quarterly / Sage Journals, 19(1), 40-51. smq.sagepub.com/content/19/1/40.full.pdf+html
- Samad, N. (2010). Branding in Contraceptive Social Marketing: The Pakistani Experience. Social Marketing Quarterly / Routledge, 16(2), 50-68. www.routledge.com
- Samad, N. (2008). The Role of Social Marketing Models in Family Health Interventions. The Marketing Review / Westburn Publishers Ltd, 8(1), 61-74. www.westburn-publishers.com
- Samad, N. (April (2nd Quarter/Spring) 2009). Branding in Social Marketing: Cost and Benefits. Ankara: Ankara University
- Samad, N. (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2007). Social Marketing Models in Family Health. Argyll: Academy of Marketing.
Other Intellectual Contributions
- Samad, N., International Jounal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference, "Use of Social Marketing in Obesity Control," Malta. (March 4, 2013).
- Samad, N. (March 2008). Towards an Optimum Performance SM Model. Bethesda, Maryland: Abt Associates Inc. www.abtassoc.com
Consultancy & Industry Experience
- Consulted for several development projects funded by USAID, DFID (UK) and German Development Bank for family health and HIV/AIDS prevention in Pakistan
Membership of Professional Societies
- MCIM Member of "The Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK".