- Ph.D. Biology: “Parasitology and Immunology”, Cairo University, Egypt 2001
- M.Sc. Biology: “Parasitology and Invertebrate”, Menofia University, Egypt 1994
- Pre-Master Degree (1yr) "Protozoa & Invertebrates", Menofia University, Egypt 1991
- B.Sc. Faculty of Science, Biology, Menofia University, Egypt 1990
Dr. Gehan has been working in Abu Dhabi University for seven years, teaching and coordinating Natural Science courses. She has finished her research study for the PhD at the University of California, San Francisco, and was awarded the degree from Cairo University in 2001. Dr. Gehan has been granted several scholarships and awards for her outstanding performance as a student and researcher. She also has a remarkable record of publications and student-engagement activities as well as community service.
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Proficient in the knowledge, skills, and expertise in the area of specialization
- Communicate research findings and their implications orally and in writing to colleagues and client
- Develop goals and objectives, performance indicators, focused and practical lesson plans and materials for a variety of audiences through an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Have a well-knowledge of educational practices, principles, and learning styles.
- Participate effectively in program evaluation, matching the evaluation technique to the program.
- Determine learner needs and assets and match these to program design
- Examine and organize content, selecting appropriate teaching tools.
- Create an effective learning environment, working toward specific outcomes
- Infectious diseases caused by intestinal parasites
- Bio-drug discovery.
- Diagnosis of diseases
- Parasites-Environment relationship
- Science-Education relevant topics
- Assistant Professor and Coordinator of Natural Sciences, Abu Dhabi University, UAE (February 2012-present)
- Research Associate Professor of Parasitology; Theodore Bilharz Research Institute, Egypt (April, 2016 - present)
- Adjunct-Faculty of Natural Sciences, University College, Abu Dhabi University, AlAin, UAE (Spring 2009/10- Fall 2011/12)
- Research Assistant Professor of Immunology & Parasitology, TBRI, Giza, Egypt (Nov.2001- March 2016
- Gehan L Hafez (1994). “Experimental Assessment of Modulation Potential of Soluble Schistosoma mansoni Egg Antigen”. M.Sc. Thesis, Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Menofia University.
- Gehan L Hafez (1997). “Studies on soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors: Fc construct as a therapeutic agent in Schistosomiasis mansoni”. FINAL REPORT OF YOUNG SCIENTIST RESEARCH AWARD, Schistosomiasis Research Program sponsored by joint USAID/MOH; PROJECT No. 12-13-01.
- Gehan LH (2001). “Studies on Tumor Necrosis Factor in Murine Schistosomiasis mansoni”. PhD. Thesis, Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University.
- Gehan Labib, Editor (2013). Natural Sciences. Pearson, Custom Publishing.
- Hanan S. Mossalem and Gehan L. El-Enain (2014). Evaluation of the Pesticide Emamectin and Methanol Extract of Wheat Bran against Biomphalaria Alexandrina Snails, Their Hemocytes and Their Infection with Schistosoma mansoni. Agriculture and Food Sciences Research 1(1):5-10.
- Samir A. Taha and Gehan El-Enain (2014). Effect of Zingiber officinal (ginger) on parasitological and biochemical parameters of mice infected with Schistosoma mansoni cercariae. IJSER, 5(2):1395-1403.
- Elsayed M. Bayoumy, Samir A. Taha and Gehan L. EL-Enain (2013). Effect of Artemether on Infectivity of Schistosoma Haematobium Larval Stages to Bulinus Truncatus Snails and to Hamster. AJBAS, 7(8): 930-939.
- Gehan L El-Enain, Sharaf, HM and Abd El-Atti MS (2015). Anti-schistosomal impact of Albendazole and Nitazode on Schistosoma mansoni larval stages. African Journal of Microbiology Research 9(6), pp. 394-403.
- Ibrahim Aly, Elsayed M. Bayoumy, Gehan El Enain and Abeer Mahgoub (2013). Protective role of purified somatic, excretory and secretory antigens from adult Echniostoma liei against infection of Schistosoma mansoni. WJMS 9 (1): 36-42, 201.
- Elsayed M. Bayoumy, Gehan ElEnain, Abeer Mahgoub, Rabab Zalat and Ibrahim Aly (2013). Evaluation of Fasciola gigantica Metacercarial Antigens in Early Diagnosis of Human Fascioliasis. WJMS 9 (3):128-135.
- Ibrahim Aly, Rabab Zalat, Gehan Abu ElEnain, Abeer Mahgoub and Mohamed Hendawy (2014). Home-Made Western Blot Assay versus Commercial Fast Dot-ELISA Technique in the Diagnosis of Human Toxoplasmosis. World Journal of Medical Sciences 11 (2): 237-243.
- SS Botros, HI Hassanein, MM AKL, SS Sakr, ZA Shaker, GL Hafez, NM El-Ghorab and DA Dean (1994). “Immunoregulatory Potential of Exogenous Schistosoma mansoni Soluble Egg Antigen in a Model of Experimental Schistosomiasis: I. Regulation of Granuloma Formation in vivo. Int. J Immunopharmacol 17:291.
- Ismail M. Moharm, Gehan El- Enain, Bahaa W. El Aswad, Abeer Mahgoub, Mohamed Hendawy and Ibrahim Aly (2014). Evaluation of Nano-Gold Beads Based- ELISA for Detection of Giardia lamblia Antigen in Stool Samples of Infected Patients. MEJSR 21 (12): 2264-2273
- Ibrahim Aly, Gehan El-Enain, Ismail M. Moharm, Mohamed Hendawy, Ashraf EL-Gendy, Azaa Fahmy, Amira M. Badawy and Gmal EL Attar (2014). Evaluation of Fatty Acid Binding Protein and Cysteine Proteinase Antigens of Fasciola gigantica for Serodiagnosis of Fasciolosis. World Journal of Medical Sciences 11 (4): 590-599.
- Gehan El-Enain, Ibrahim Rabia, Abeer Mahgoub, Ismail M. Moharm, Mohammed S. Hedaya, Faten Nagy, Azza Fahmy, Karima M. Metwalley and Wafaa EL-Komy (2015). Role of Schistosoma mansoni Tegumental Cathepsin-B Antigen in Modulation of Murine Schistosomiasis. Global Veterinaria 14 (3): 329-338.
- Ibrahim Aly, Rabab Zalat, Gehan El-Enain, Mohamed EL-Mohandes, Mohamed EL-Faramawy and Eman Aly (2016). Comparison between Modified Acid Fast Staining and Antigen Detection Assay as Diagnostic Techniques for Cryptosporidium parvum. World Journal of Medical Sciences 13 (1): 72-78, 2016. ISSN 1817-3055, © IDOSI Publications, 2016. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wjms.2016.13.1.102113
- Ibrahim R. Aly, Mousa A. M. Ismail, Dina M. H. El Akkad, Hoda Elsayed, Eman E. Taher, Gehan ElEnain, Rabab S. Hamad (2016). Application of Competitive ELISA for Detection of Fasciola gigantica Tegument-Associated Antigen in Human Fascioliasis. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences (IJBPAS) 5 (10):2277-4998
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Egyptian Scientific Syndicate (1991-present)
- Emerging Infectious diseases since 1996
- American Society of Parasitologists, Jan 2015 – Jan 2018
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious diseases (ESCMID) 2012 -2015; renewed till 2020
- Journal of United Parasitologists (JUP), 2012-present.
- E-Medscape week in review 2005– present.
- E-New Scientists since 2009.
- Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) till 2015.
- Nature Methods (2011-2013).