Abu Dhabi University accepts applications on a rolling basis throughout the year, with intakes in the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Entry Requirements for Direct Admission
1. Secondary School Certificate:
|Type of Secondary School Certificate
|Ministry of Education Schools- General Track
Ministry of Education Schools- Advanced Track
Abu Dhabi Education Council Track
- Achieving the minimum average of 70% on completing grade 12
|Indian Senior Secondary Certificates (CBSE), or State Board Examinations, or Indian School Certificates awarded by ICSE
- Achieving the minimum average of 43% on completing grade 12
|British System (IGCSE & GCE)
- Completing a total of 7 subjects from either IGCSE level or AS/A2 levels, in at least 4 of the following fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities, Art and Design; with a minimum required grade of C for the IGCSE level subjects, D for the AS Levels, and E for A2 subjects.
- Successfully provide evidence / certificate of completing at least 11 years of schooling.
|Canadian & American High School Diplomas
- Achieving the minimum average of 70% on completing grade 12 or its equivalent of overall average C grade or 2.0/ 4.0
|International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Successfully completing 6 subjects, with at least 2 at the higher level (HL) and a minimum total of 24 points.
2. English Language Proficiency Requirements: for programs taught in English, a minimum score range of 1100 - 1225 on the English language portion of the EmSAT examination, or its equivalent on other national or internationally-recognized tests that are approved by the CAA, such as TOEFL scores of 173 CBT (Computer-Based Test), 61 IBT (Internet-Based Test), 500 PBT (Paper-Based Test), or 5.0 IELTS (taken at Amideast), or their equivalent.
We also welcome applications from international students with a variety of secondary school certificates, and grades from other educational systems across the world, so long as they are recognized, and meet the conditions stipulated by the UAE’s Ministry of Education- Higher Education Affairs. For more information on the entry requirements for international students, please visit Undergraduate International Admission
For the complete list of accepted secondary school
certificates download Recognized Secondary School Certificates
Applicants with grades and English Language Proficiency Test scores that don’t match the above requirements may be granted exceptions for conditional admission, dependent on their successful completion of required coursework or meeting specified criteria. For further guidance on conditional admission to any of ADU’s undergraduate programs, visit Undergraduate Conditional Admission
Undergraduate students may apply for credit transfer for courses taken prior to joining Abu Dhabi University only once,
when they first apply for admission. For more information on requirements for credit transfer, visit Undergraduate Transfer Students
or call toll free +9712 800 ADYOU (23968)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Abu Dhabi and Al Ain campuses
or click here to download ADU’s undergraduate programs catalogue