The Writing Center is a resource for writers of all abilities, and our main goal is to help students to become better writers by offering help in every stage of the writing process. It not only aims in the overall improvement of their academic writing but also in their creative writing. Our objectives are as follows:
Writing Center Main objectives
- To provide support in enhancing the writing of students in English and Arabic languages.
- To help students in making appropriate choices regarding purpose, context, form and style when they write.
- To ensure that students have opportunities to use formal writing (academic & technical) as a means of self-expression, creative expression, and exploration.
- To insure that students have opportunities to explore the writing process by writing drafts of papers, receiving peer and faculty comments, utilizing services within the Writing Center, and engaging in revision and editing of written assignments.
- To provide workshops to students in different aspects of language learning.
Important Information to Know about the Writing Center:
- The Writing Center is located at the entrance of the library on the first floor.
- It is currently staffed with two full time tutors and part-time mentors who are available from 9am – 5 pm from Sunday to Thursday.
- Students can visit the Writing Center as a walk in or take appointments with the respective tutors/ mentors.
- All the services provided by the center are free of charge.
- We will not proof read or edit papers, but we will help the students learn how to find and correct errors in punctuation, usage and grammar.
- The Writing Center offers advice and resources on every stage of the writing process in both English and Arabic. We will help students in understanding assignments, developing a thesis or an argument, improving a research paper’s organization, expanding ideas, improving clarity and cohesion, writing correctly and using APA citation appropriately.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Writing Center Coordinator, Ms. Sura Qiqieh at
or at firstname.lastname@example.org